Parenting after 35
Options

Moving!

We were planning on moving back to Canada later this year, but due to DH losing his job yet again we have decided we are going to move ASAP.  We had wanted to wait until we could get all of his immigration stuff done so he would be able to work as soon as we got there, but I can no longer deal with all the uncertainty here and having to worry about being able to afford medical insurance should something happen (our trip to the ER last week has this fresh in our minds).

We will be able to stay with my parents until we get back on our feet.  Since DH won't be able to work until we get all of his immigration stuff finalized (6-12months....yikes) he will be a SAHD.

I think the only thing I will miss here is the weather!

Re: Moving!

• Options
    imagejigglyjelloo:

We were planning on moving back to Canada later this year, but due to DH losing his job yet again we have decided we are going to move ASAP.  We had wanted to wait until we could get all of his immigration stuff done so he would be able to work as soon as we got there, but I can no longer deal with all the uncertainty here and having to worry about being able to afford medical insurance should something happen (our trip to the ER last week has this fresh in our minds).

We will be able to stay with my parents until we get back on our feet.  Since DH won't be able to work until we get all of his immigration stuff finalized (6-12months....yikes) he will be a SAHD.

I think the only thing I will miss here is the weather!

Left Hug Have you found a job yet?? Let me know  - I might be able to help. Remind me what field, I know people! There are a crapton of jobs in the land of the Oilers. And yesterday it was 25C out, so nice! Welcome back (soon!).

• Options

We just decided yesterday that we were going to move, so I don't have a job yet.  I was a mechanical designer doing production drawings, fixture and jig design and a bunch of documentation stuff.  I have autocad experience, but I would need to do an upgrading course because the last release I worked on was Autocad 2000 so it is really out of date.  I was looking on the NAIT site and they have a certificate course there that I might look into.  When I get there and get settled I will find a job just to get something and then look for something more specific and career oriented then.  

We will be staying with my parents so we will not have a lot of expenses right away so I will have some time to find what I want and something that isn't going to be too far away.  My parents live a litte bit North of the city and I would prefer to not have an hour commute everyday!!

I really appreciate your offer. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Good to know. I'll pm you my company's website, you are probably a good fit. We have people living where I think you mean, and I don't think the commute is very long.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"