August 2012 Moms

our first August baby may be coming very soon

i don't post very much but I'm in the hospital on bed rest so i figured i might as well share my story. As of saturday i was 24 weeks 3 days pregnant with a due ate of 8/1. Secretly i was hoping little Finn might come a little earlier in july but this has left me dumb founded. So saturday started out totally normal. Woke up, cleaned the house, washed the cars with my husband and then we went out and ran a bun of errands. When we got home i immediately had to go to the bathroom with some rather explosive diarrhea (sorry tmi) followed by some unusual cramping. so i just curled up in the fetal position and took a long nap. I woke up around 6pm and the second i got up and started walking the "cramps" came back. They were debilitating and instantly brought me to my knees and tears to my eyes. Husband was like "we're going to the hospital now!" so we get to women's and children's hospital and they hook me up to the monitors and start monitoring finn's HR and my uterine activity. Because the machine wasn't picking up any unusual uterine activity the Dr chalked up my situation to a bowel issues causing cramping and pressure, but i knew it was something more. About an hour and a half into out emergency room visit i had to pee, when i wiped i noticed fresh red blood. This got everyone actually treating me like an actual patient with a problem and everything started moving really fast! Dr did a vaginal exam and when she stuck the probe up me it came out drenched in blood. Then she checked my cervix with her fingers and I was dilated 2cm's. They determined my cramps were actual contractions. They rushed us off to a delivery room. She determined I was in preterm labor. They immediately started me on a magnesium sulfate drip which is given to stop contractions, and they gave me the first of two steroid shots meant to strengthen the baby's lungs because he's so early in gestation. They set us up with a NICU(neonatal intensive care consult) and everything. The magnesium wasn't stopping the contractions so they switched me to another medicine (indomethacin) which has done a better job, but you can only take it for 3 days before it may start to harm the baby. So I'm on day three now. I've been put on complete bed rest and I will be staying in the hospital until my baby is born. The dr's seem to think I an possibly hold out for maybe 2-3 more weeks. So either way you look at it my husband and I are expecting a very premature baby, and we will have a long road to recovery. He will most likely be in the hospital until the time of his original due date. I truly have faith he will survive the ordeal, but I am worried about possible long term effects of being born so early in gestation. It's all happening so fast and is so scary for us. I'm so thankful for my husband, he has been an angel! I am on total bed rest, i have a urinary catheter in place and all. So my husband has been getting me everything i need, helping me switch positions and spending the night with me in the hospital. I am also thankful for the love, support, and prayers from all of our family and friends. This is such a scary time, but having the support is making it more bearable. Mentally i am doing a little better each day. I definitely cry several times a day whenever the bad thoughts creep in but i am trying to remain hopeful and positive. Bed rest in and of itself is difficult. I had to poop in a bed pan and someone else wipe me yesterday. Of course they were kind about it but I cried the whole time. Losing your independence is difficult. The dr's and staff have been wonderful. They are not 100% sure what caused me to go into preterm labor, but they think it may be some kind of infection ( although my blood work came back fine).But everyone is trying to be as positive and helpful as possible. My husband and I feel like we are in good hands. So I will ask all yo ladies here to think a positive thought or say a prayer for my beautiful son. I hope he bakes a little longer, and when he does arrive I hope and pray he has a safe road to recovery. Thanks so much for your support. 

Re: our first August baby may be coming very soon

• I am so sorry that you are going through all this!  I am sending many thoughts and prayers your way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wishing you much luck. Hope your little guy stays in there as long as possible!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Lots of prayers and best wishes to you and your little one!  Good luck and know that the Lord will look after you and LO during this hard time.  STAY POSITIVE :)
  • ccamccam member

My thoughts and prayers are with you both and your son!  I hope he hangs in there for as long as possible.  Stay strong!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Praying for you and your LO! I'm so sorry you have to go through this.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • irerirer member
    I am so sorry to hear this news. Wishing you well, and hope your baby stays put for a lot longer.  I will be thinking of you and your family. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow, Im so sorry you are on bed rest. I am sending you good vibes that you and your baby will be just fine. Take care of yourself and rest up!
  • What a difficult thing to go through! I hope that your little boy doesn't listen to any of the guesses and stays in much longer than 2-3 weeks. Have they talked about putting in a cerclage? I don't know much about them other than they have immensely helped some women keep their babies in longer.

Good luck to you and your family!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I my heart is seriously with you.  Wherever you are.  My heart and my thoughts.  Continue to be beautiful and strong.  Your little family WILL make it through this.  Your son can feel your love and your strong body carrying him, just continue to stay positive.

I just want to let you know that my ex was born extremely premature, but grew up quickly and is beyond perfect.  He was premature as in 24 weeks, and weighing just over a pound.  The medical staff had to give his parents the run down on all the "possible" complications.  With all of that said, his internal organs, his physical traits, and his mental capability....all above normal.  You can deliver a very early baby, and have it all work out.

Take it day by day, and keep us posted.  Big hugs to you!!!!!!!   

July Siggy Challenge: Chambord Pomegranate Margarita. YUM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • How scary!

I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

Lots of thoughts and prayers that they're able to stop labor and your baby gets to stay put a lot longer.

Try to take things each day at a time, and don't feel bad about having to be so dependent on other people. (especially the hospital staff, thats what they're there for!!!)

Theres a blog from a mom who is having quads that is about the same week as u and in the hospital on IV Indo and going though the same thing.

https://bellsandkilts.blogspot.com/

Hang in there! We're always here for a good vent if you get frustrated!

ETA: link and fix my terrible iphone formatting

• wow.  so sorry to hear what you are going through, but i think you are right to have faith that everything will be fine.

sure, this is not the path you were hoping for, but you sound like a strong woman.  you can handle it.  so can your baby.  believe it with every fiber in your being.

i will definitely  keep you in my thoughts.

• Lots of thoughts and prayers for you and your son. Hope he stays put as long as possible.
  • Lots of prayers for you and LO. So sorry you're going through this. Please keep us posted.
  • Best wishes and T and P to you and Baby Fonn.  Please keep us updated.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Good luck and lots of health to you and Finn!
  • Sent up a prayer for you and any others going thru this challenge.   I am so impressed with your attitude, and believe that you are so much stronger than you ever knew.  Continue to think positively and we will add our prayers to yours and those of your family and friends......we are the August mommies army all praying and supporting you thru this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Saying a prayer for your son and family. Stay focusing on taking care of yourself (rest, relax, hydrate) and hopefully your son will stay put a lot longer than they predicted. Please keep us posted!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sending thoughts and prayers your way!   I hope LO is able to stay put just a while longer.   I can't imagine what you are going through.   
    BabyFruit Ticker

• lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way.  so sorry that you are having to go through all of this.  hopefully they can get your little guy to bake a bit more before being born, if not I'm sure they will do all they can to keep him healthy and well. 

• Many MANY T&P to you and your little one!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So sorry you are going through this. I'll keep you and baby and your DH in my prayers. Hopefully you can keep baby Finn in awhile longer =)
    IMG_4833 IMG_0119 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I commend you for being so "positive" through this, whether you feel like you're a mess or not. Our positive thoughts are on your side. I'm so sorry you "three" have to go through this.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. I'm sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way!
  • Sending positive thoughts to you, Finn and your DH.

• Thoughts and prayers to you, I hope your baby stays in there as long as possible.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way.  I also had a preemie and I know that it is scary!  Your baby will be just fine, but it still stinks having to go through this!  Think of the end result... You and your husband will have your wonderful baby and eventually you will put the preemie state in the back of your mind. 
    Halloween Shopping
  • So sorry you are going through this! I can only imagine how hard it is. My friend went through a similar situation. Was put on hospital bed rest and delivered at 26.5 weeks. Her and her son just came home last month and they are doing great!

Stay strong momma! Tons of thoughts and prayers going out to your family. :)

DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this physically and emotionally.  You and your baby are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Thoughts and prayers for your family.  Stay positve, we are all here with ya.  Good luck.
  • JKS21JKS21 member
    The positive is that they are on top of this and can hopefully prolong the delivery, every single day is a good thing for that little baby! Prayers with you..

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Tickerimage

• Lots and lots of prayers that your baby boy stays in there for a while!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh, my gosh!  What a scary experience :o(  My T & P are with you and  your doctors... I hope they're able to get Finn to stay put and grow for several more weeks!
    imageimageimage
    Anniversary              Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh my goodness. Lots of T&P to you guys and hoping for a healthy baby!

• Wow, what a scary situation.  I will be praying for you and your baby.  It sounds like you are in good hands.  
  • Hugs! T&P to you and your LO. I hope he gets to bake as long as possible.
    imageimage BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • T&P that baby holds out for a couple more weeks! Blessings and prayers for continued support on the dr and staff taking care of you
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • I am so sorry that you are going through this and I will pray that everything goes as smoothly as it can from this point!

• Oh wow, sweetie, I'm so very sorry you are going through this. Thank goodness you got to the hospital before you progressed further. I'm keeping you in my thoughts. <3
  • I am so sorry you are going through this, I can't imagine how stressful it must be..But I'm sure your LO will be a strong one and pull right through :) just try to stay positive ! You're in my thoughts.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Wow, you're going through a lot right now.  Lots of T & P coming your way!!  Hope your LO keeps cooking for a while yet--even if it means that you have to be in the hopital.  I'm sorry you're going through this, but keep reminding yourself that every minute you're in that hospital bed is another minute for LO to keep growing and maturing.  Lots of strength to you and your hubby--and most of all to your baby!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"