Pregnant after IF
Options

not pg (yet) but endo/iui question

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I have been dx with endo (stage 2). My last lap was in 2008 (maybe 2009, I don't really remember I guess). We are seeing a new RE who has us trying femara/follistim/trigger/iui. Our last cycle was bfn. I am willing to try it again, but wouldn't mind hearing if any of you have endo and have had success with iui. Am I just wasting my money? I know that endo creates a toxic environment that isn't great for his swimmers, but I'm still holding out hope that the "cheaper" iui will work so we don't have to do ivf since we have to pay out of pocket.

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

Re: not pg (yet) but endo/iui question

• Options
    I don't have endo and due to severe MFI had to move straight to IVF, but I noticed you hadn't gotten any answers... you might try XP'ing on TTTC and IF, or SAIF.

Severe MFI. Me: supposedly all clear but eggs showed vacuoles.

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• Options
    Thanks! I will!

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would have had to pay about 700 a pop for medicated iui oop, and given my endo dx and zero history of pregnancy, I felt that even that was a waste of money and time. So I went straight to ivf. So far that has worked out for me on the first try. I am very lucky for that. If I had insurance coverage for iui, I may have tried it a few times. But with iui chances for success don't go up with subsequent attempts, so it can really burn through time and emotions, so that is another thing to consider as well. Good luck to you!

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options
    I have stage 3 endo and DOR, and IUI worked for us. I was pretty convinced that it wouldnt (especially since 2 of the 3 REs we consulted with wanted to go straight to IVF), but we got lucky. I think if we were OOP it would have swayed my decision, but our insurance covered up to 3 IUIs, so we gave it a shot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I too had stage II endo and unfortunately we never found success with IUI.

Having said that, another gal on the bump last year had stage II endo and slight MFI issues and got PG with her sticky babies on her 5th IUI so it's definitely a possibility. I wouldn't think trying 3 IUIs before moving on would be a waste of money or crazy if you have a clear HSG. GL!

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"