Adoption
Options

Adoption in MN?

Anyone out there from MN going through, or has gone through Adoption? Part of me wonders if we shouldnt start the Adoption process and go back to natural trying in the mean time. So many stories of "once you get rid of the stress" it all comes together, but looking for any information on where you would even start!
Egg Donor 4 Times! Stopped BCP December 2009 3 rounds clomid unmonitored through OB = BFN IUI #1 200mg Clomid (IUI) - BFN IUI #2 200mg Clomid (IUI) - Chemical IUI #3 Cancelled (IUI) - Overstimulated Follistim Round #1 (TI) - BFN Follistim Round #2 (TI) 125iu's day 3-11, high estradiol CD7, CD9 u/s shows lots of follicles doing nothing, adding Repronex and lowering Follistim dose starting CD9. Repronex for 4 days. Trigger Shot pm of CD 12; BFP 9 dpo! Beta 8/21: 48!! Beta 8/23: 113 Progesterone=39 First U/S 9-10 at 6 weeks 4 days = Identical TWINS!!!! Baby A & Baby B measuring 6 weeks 2 days HB of 126 & 132 SO excited and NOT EXPECTED!!!! BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Adoption in MN?

• Options

Hey!

I live in the western suburbs and have a 2 year old who was adopted. There are a couple more girls that are from MN also. We try to get together once in awhile ;-)

I'm not on the boards much lately, but try to check in a few times a week. Please feel free to email me and I'd be happy to talk to you about our experience.

josiekolasa (at) gmail (dot) com

Maybe HannaB and Wille2b will chime in also :-)

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Moved to Domestic Adoption 9/09 Matched 10/09 Sweet little Luke was born 12/9/09!
  • Options
    We are in the southwest corner of the state.  We are with New Horizon's and LOVE them.  I hate the saying that once you move on to adoption you'll get pregnant although it does seem to happen.  Personally I was sort of hoping for that too but once you start the adoption process and it really takes hold of your heart, you stop caring if you ever get pregnant and have biological kids.  Adoption is so amazing, it will change you.  But that's just my opinion. 

Started TTC January 2007 4 failed IUIs, 2 failed IVFs
    2012 - Adopted Child #1
    2014- Adopted Child #2

2015 - Fostering Child #3

Check out my infertility turned adoption blog: Discovering Joy In The Storm

• Loading the player...
  • Options

hey ladies- 

(not to hijack your post but...) Can you give me the name of your MN adoption agencies you used? if you don't want to list it you can pm me.

I have a cousin that lives in SW MN that is looking into adoption, but says she can't find much, and that she can't find any agencies that will send her information without a deposit being made (I don't know if that's standard, since we did fost-adopt)... She's interested in domestic adoption.

• Options

https://www.nhadoptionagency.org/

There aren't a lot of options nearby in this part of the state.  The main reasons we chose this one is becasue it was the most local and there is a social worker within 60 miles of us.  Their main office is in Blue Earth but you have only have to go there once for an 8 hour training session.  All the other agencies break up their sessions so you have to travel more.  Also they were super fast in the pre-adoption phase and got our homestudy done quick.  We are just starting to wait but their wait times are short since they have a pretty even baby/waiting families ratio.  I have a friend with LSS and they had to wait 3 months just to get into a training session.  In three months we went from application to a waiting family.  So far we love this agency.  Pretty much everything you need to know will come in the pre app packet.  Its a little scary because you have to sign all their disclosures right away but I liked that they put everything out there right away. 

Started TTC January 2007 4 failed IUIs, 2 failed IVFs
    2012 - Adopted Child #1
    2014- Adopted Child #2

2015 - Fostering Child #3

Check out my infertility turned adoption blog: Discovering Joy In The Storm

• Options
    Thank You Everyone!!!! We are in our 2nd round of IUI but our doc wants to move on :( whatever that means. I just feel like we are missing a piece of our family and want to start opening up all the options/doors. I think we'dreattach great choice :) 
    Egg Donor 4 Times! Stopped BCP December 2009 3 rounds clomid unmonitored through OB = BFN IUI #1 200mg Clomid (IUI) - BFN IUI #2 200mg Clomid (IUI) - Chemical IUI #3 Cancelled (IUI) - Overstimulated Follistim Round #1 (TI) - BFN Follistim Round #2 (TI) 125iu's day 3-11, high estradiol CD7, CD9 u/s shows lots of follicles doing nothing, adding Repronex and lowering Follistim dose starting CD9. Repronex for 4 days. Trigger Shot pm of CD 12; BFP 9 dpo! Beta 8/21: 48!! Beta 8/23: 113 Progesterone=39 First U/S 9-10 at 6 weeks 4 days = Identical TWINS!!!! Baby A & Baby B measuring 6 weeks 2 days HB of 126 & 132 SO excited and NOT EXPECTED!!!! BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"