Adoption
Options

I may hang around here more now...

Our surrogate is pregnant!! 

Im hoping I can fit in here and people can help me figure out ways to feel connected to this baby when Im not the one carrying it. She wants us to be as involved as possible but I know I will still battle some jealousy when she starts showing and when movement is felt.  

Our Girls
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
AquinnahDori
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Re: I may hang around here more now...

• Options
    Congrats on your addition to be!!! I know it helps me alot when our birthmom allowed us to go to her a/s scan and keeps us updated on all her doctor appointments. She always mails or takes pictures of the ultrasounds.
  • Options

Thanks for reply. 

I keep telling myself that she may get 9 months on the inside and 1st kicks, but I get a lifetime of cuddles and firsts after that! 

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I tell myself the same :) so your not alone.

• Options

i guess for me its different because i've known since i was like 7 years old that i wouldn't be able to get pregnant and have biological kids. so, for me, i've never had that crazy desire to be pregnant and give birth.

i think you're on the right track, though... just keep telling yourself that there is SOOO much more to be being a mom than just being pregnant and giving birth. To me, that's the easy part!! :-) the important part is everything that comes after that. taking care of the child, being there for the child, teaching the child how to ride a bike, quizzing the child on times tables and science words, running her around to soccer practice and girl scout meetings, shopping for an outfit for prom, all of that stuff :-) and THAT's the stuff you're going to get to do with the child. you're right- she gets 9 months, but you get a lifetime! :-) good luck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"