Attachment Parenting

recommend your carrier for a plus-sized momma!

Anyone have any suggestions? The Ergo is too structured and when its loosened completely it still sits too high on my hips. I like the Beco Butterfly II due to its hip-sitting position but am concerned it will be too tight. Anyone have any suggestions?

*edited for spelling

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageFollow Me on Pinterest

Re: recommend your carrier for a plus-sized momma!

• Depending on your preference, I would suggest a Kinderpack with standard or plus straps.  

https://www.kindercarry.com/pages/orderinfo.htm

-info for sizing if you scroll down 

Or a Boba.  The straps on the Boba standard, come longer than the Ergo. 

AP, BWing, BFing, CDing, VBAC, Crunchy Mama to my handsome little 2 year old and squishy newbie! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Babywearing Leader to the DuPage Slingers www.DuPageSlingers.Blogspot.com
  • Thanks to you both for your suggestions. We do have a MOBY but my LO doesn't like the process of getting in and out. She's quite big and it't really hard for on both of us. I'd rather have something where I don't have to maneuver her as much. I had seen the Bobo and thought it might be a good option. Thanks again!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an Ergo for about 8 months which I recently sold and now I use a Beco Butterfly 2. I LOVE the Beco so much more...I'm about a size 14 and the strap on the Ergo was almost completly extended at the waist. The Beco waistband is much, much bigger and I have at least 6 inches to spare on each side adjuster. To me, it's much more comfortable, easier to get the baby in/out of especially for back carries, and is more flattering on me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The new Beco Butterfly II has a very large waist band.  I had one I bought 2 years ago and it was pretty much as large as it would go around my hips and it just fit.

This one, I extended all the way and went to buckle it and it was HUGE! (and I'm pregnant so there was a lot more to go around than before).   

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Great! I've been looking at the Beco for a while so it's nice to hear it's roomy. Thank You!
  • i'm a plus-size momma and i love my boba! dh uses it often and it fits his smaller frame as well. i tried many on at a store and this fit us both the best. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"