Upstate NY Babies

Sugar......and spice?????

Well, my OB couldn't find babies HB again today so I got an ultrasound. Everything is fine, baby was very active and pretty high up. My Ob was looking where the baby would normally be for 16 weeks, that's why she couldn't get it.

U/S tech wouldn't call it 100%  today, but said if she had to she would say GIRL! I saw the bright spot and 3 lines pretty clear, and there was nothing hanging around between those legs. She will confirm in 4 weeks at A/S.

Holy cow....I wasn't really expecting this. A daughter? Was R right all along?

I started crying, shocked happy tears.....I started thinking a few days ago that R could be right and that if it were a girl I would do it all up pink and frilly! haha

DH doesn't know.....should I tell him I have a good idea or should I wait until the A/S? Nothing on FB please =)

Re: Sugar......and spice?????

• eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I'm super excited for you!! I know you said you wanted two boys, but girls are pretty fun too, and pink and frilly is always fun. :)

I think you should tell DH.. it would be kind of mean to have to be fake surprised when they say girl. Does he have a preference whether he wants a girl or a boy?

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • I wouldnt be able to keep that from DH- tell him and then you can say its not 100%
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • woooohoooooo!!!  That's so exciting!  I would tell him too, I wouldn't be able to keep it in.  I questioned A being a girl right up to the day she was born.  As a matter of fact I had DH double check in the operating room for me.  haha!  I couldn't help it, I had little boy on the brain for 2 1/2 years before that.
  • I don't think I could hold that back from DH for 4 weeks. Congrats to you on a great ultrasound and your (hopefully definitely) little girl!
  • Double post!

• That's so exciting!! Yay for little girls. I'd tell DH, well I wouldn't be able to not tell him. That's awesome. Just don't go out and buy too much pink and frilly stuff until the A/S.

I'm glad everything is ok. How stressful that they can't find the heartbeat. But hey, you got a u/s and got to see your little one.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• imageMelissaSue81:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I'm super excited for you!! I know you said you wanted two boys, but girls are pretty fun too, and pink and frilly is always fun. :)

I think you should tell DH.. it would be kind of mean to have to be fake surprised when they say girl. Does he have a preference whether he wants a girl or a boy?

It was at Eve's party that I started being happy with whatever I got....I was eying Miss Natalie and softening up to a girl! hehe Her pig tails and dress, her pretty little shoes that kept falling off. She made me think a girl would be ok.

Dh will call later, but I won't see him until morning. I will probably just tell him on the phone, he will want to know about having to have an u/s I am sure.

I will have a lot of work after this baby comes....I have tons of totes of boy clothes in the basement! I will go broke dressing this baby!

• Exciting!  I wouldn't be able to hold it in for a second...I would totally tell DH.

I did the same as Meryl....when we were told we were having a boy I made the tech look again to make sure.  She was super annoyed (and so was DH!)  I had completely expected to hear we were having another girl so it was a complete shock.  Can't imagine it any other way now!

• How exciting! Yay for baby girls! :)  I would definitely tell your DH.  I wouldn't be able to keep it in if it were me, and I think that DH would be upset if I didn't tell him right away.  It's gonna be a looong wait until the next u/s I guess!

• Ahh! a girl a girl! How exciting! It is scary to think about having the opposite of what you have been so focused on for so long, but it will be fun! Plus girls really do have the best clothes, and I can help you decide if the leggings go over or under haha!
    image        image
  • That is so exciting.  I seriously do not know what I would do if I had a girl.  I keep "planning" in my mind anyway for another boy.  I guess I picture being the mom of all boys, but part of me thinks it might be a defense mechanism so that I am not disappointed if I never have a daughter.  I just feel like later in life the mother/daughter relationship is so important and I worry about always being the MIL!  hahah  Reed insists that the baby is going to be a girl.  He really wants a little sister so we keep telling him that it might be a boy because we really don't want him to be disappointed with another little brother.  He loves his brother so much, but says he wants a girl because they are pretty and snuggly.  

Congrats! 

• Yay Congrats-little girls are so fun!
  • Omg! You know I was going to post last night to see if you are getting an ultrasound to beg them to make a guess. I did that and they were right! But then I figured if you were getting an ultrasound you would have posted about it so I figure it would just be a heart beat check. I can't believe you are having a girl! Ellie was right in guessing too - these siblings know what they are talking about!

I don't see how you can't tell DH! Just let him know it's not 100%. But actually it is never truly 100% until they come out.

And good luck on pink and frilly. Dd had all that too, and now she likes all boy stuff lol. 

• It was at Eve's party that I started being happy with whatever I got....I was eying Miss Natalie and softening up to a girl! hehe Her pig tails and dress, her pretty little shoes that kept falling off. She made me think a girl would be ok.

I think your body was preparing your mind! I always thought and wanted to have 2 boys growing up my whole life. And one morning I woke up when I was 3 months pregnant with Ellie and told dh "you know? Having a girl might be nice too". It was almost like the idea never crossed my mind until that moment. Dh said that as soon as I said that he just knew it was a girl bc I had been so focused on boys before that. 

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkk!!! OMG I have goosebumps!  Absolutely tell DH, he will be thrilled I'm sure! i am so excited for you! Sometimes life gives you the opposite of what you expect, because that's what was meant to be all along!
  • yaaaaaaaay! how exciting!!!!

charlie was right about anna- i think these siblings are pretty in tune :)

(and i swear i checked about 5x after she was born to make sure she was a girl, we even have it on video, because i was so convinced i was going to have all boys) 

Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • So exciting!!!
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay!!! Congrats!!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Late to the game, but YAY!!!  It honestly took me a few days for it to sink in when the u/s tech said 'girl.'  I thought for sure I was having another boy.  Girls are so much fun.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"