C-sections

question about hospital stay

if i go in for a c-section on a thursday morning, assuming no complications, would i be leaving saturday or sunday?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: question about hospital stay

• Depends on your hospital. Standard stay for a c/s at mine is four nights, so you wouldn't be leaving until Monday. You can ask your OB. 
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I think it depends on your hospital and your preference. I left just after 48 hours but could've stayed the extra day if I wanted. I just wanted to get the heck out!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Just like pps said...depends on your hospital and if there are any complications.  I had DD on Friday and left Monday.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had LO Monday night and left Thursday afternoon. I could have stayed until Friday, but wanted to leave.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• 3 nights was standard at the hospitals where I had my first two.  With DD they said I could go home after 2 if I really wanted to, but I stayed.  IMO, when you've got another kid at home, take all the time you can (if insurance allows!)  There was no more laying in bed having food brought to me after I went home.  ;)
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • not at my hospital
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • 2 nights is standard at my hospital. I'll go in on tues. am and should go home thurs. my last 2 CS were 2 night stays and I was fine.

• It also depends on your insurance. My insurance gives 4 days. I had my first c/s at 1120pm on Sunday night and got Tuesday but I could have stayed until Wednesday. With ds2 I had my c/s at 8am Thursday and got out Sunday. I wanted to stay the extra day. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You should ask your hospital.  I went in on a Thursday (but it was an ER csection) and left on a Monday.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ask your OB. Every hospital has different standards. Ours is two nights for a two nights for a vaginal delivery and three nights for a c-section. That said, I had no complications, and was there from Mon-Fri.
  • Nope. At my hospital it is a 72 hour stay, minimum of 48 hours but need to be cleared for the 48 hours. Also, the day you have the section doesn't count. The first full day post op is day one. I had my c/s at 2:55am on Saturday but day 1 wasn't until Sunday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a scheduled c-section on a Tuesday at 7 am and was discharged Thursday at about noon.  I could have easily stayed another night if I wanted to but I was anxious to be home by then.  I missed my older child who was at home with my mom.  I was ready to sleep in my own bed and use my own shower, ect.  I do not regret leaving when I did.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 48 hours for me.

• We had him 8 am on a monday, left weds at 7 pm.  The hospital was great but by Weds am I was climbing the walls to get out......and I walked around a lot so that I could get out of there.
    image. image. image.
  • Where I am, 4 nights is standard. I had him on Sunday and left Thursday.

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
    TTC our first miracle since November 2010
    BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"