C-sections

An event 10 days after c-section?

Would you attend a family function at a church 10 days after having a c-section and having a newborn? 

I am declining on attending a baptism for a niece since I will be 10 days PP, as well as having a newborn.....I have had 2 C/S before and it was a good 14 days+ before I felt even human, let alone getting dressed up for a family event! 

I am going to get chastized for not attending....

Am I making the wrong decision??

Re: An event 10 days after c-section?

• If I could spend the time sitting down, yeah I would have felt fine to go.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I would have been fine going especially if I could sit down but everyone recovers differently. I have pretty easy recoveries. Can you not just play it by ear and see how you feel?
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • After my 1st C/S no, but after my last yes. It all will depend on you and how you are feeling.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have had three c/s and I personally wouldn't go.  I think my recoveries were easy but that is also because I took it really easy and didn't do much for a few weeks.  Now, when I did start to do too much  the pain would come back and I would also start bleeding again. 

My advice is to send your  regrets and a nice gift and don't let anyone give you a hard time for not going.  There is nothing wrong with putting your new baby and yourself first at this time.  I would also advise against giving reasons why you can't go.  Just a sweet and simple " Sorry, but we will not be able to attend" and let it go.  If anyone tries to push you, then tell them it won't be up for discussion. 

• I would go, but I have pretty easy recoveries.  I think it's a fair excuse not to go, but it wouldn't prevent me from going if it was something that was important to me.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • It would depend on how far away, how long the event was, who was there, how much sleep I was getting, how easy it would be to duck out early, etc. Most likely I would skip it, especially since they are the kind of  people who would chastise you.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• A wedding, yes.  A baptism, no.  I had great recoveries but still wouldn't have wanted to get dressed up and take my baby(ies) to a big family event like that. Nor would I really want a newborn passed around a large group of people, and my extended family would have a tough time keeping their hands off a new baby.

Ignore any chastisers, you're the one having surgery and a baby and even if you were delivering vaginally, I'd say that would be pushing it. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would go.  I went to my DS's bris and DD's baby naming a week after they were born.  I felt good a week PP, just couldn't overdo it. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Depends on how much I like that side of the family.  I was driving and going to the grocery store 10 days post c-section but I didn't labor with my section and actually had a very easy recovery.  I was already taking care of DS by myself when DH went back to work one week after the c-section. 
    Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
  • There's no way I could have gone 10 days PP.
  • I wouldn't do it. I had a hard time going to DD's pedi appointments within the first 10 days. I went to a bday party at 3 weeks, and that was tough. Those first few weeks are critical, and you should take care of yourself. 

• Hellzno.

1) My recovery was not good and I was in no shape to go to any social events for at least 3 weeks.

2) I would not be comfortable taking my 10-day-old infant to a function where there would be a lot of people.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I would not have made it at ten days PP
  • I had an incredibly easy recovery, but I'd skip it. I've been many places at 10 days pp, but I try to avoid events where people would want to see and hold my little guy. When we go to church we sneak out early so we don't get caught in the gathering space & we keep him covered when we go to the store & such, so people do see the itty bitty guy and want to aw over him.
  • I would make the same choice as you, not because of how I felt 10 days post-c/s (I felt great by a week out last time) but because I wouldn't want my 10-day-old around a large group of people during cold/flu season.  I made that mistake with my son, and he caught a cold & ended up in the hospital for 2.5 days as a result.
  • I would have been perfectly fine to go 10 days PP.  I had an easy recovery and was out and about at 10 days. I would have likely kept DS in his carseat with a cover for the most part and wouldn't have passed him around to a big group.
    mmc @ 14 weeks - November 2009. Missed every day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 15DPO:461 17DPO (47hrs later):1380
  • Not me! After my first c-section (which was unplanned) I felt horrible. I think it took two weeks for me to just go outside my house. I have already turned down two events within 2 to 3 weeks after my RCS. I am not sure how I'll be feeling but I think its better to just say no now because otherwise I know I will prob stress myself out trying to make it to something and then feel like crap.
  • imageDaisy22:
    I would have been fine going especially if I could sit down but everyone recovers differently. I have pretty easy recoveries. Can you not just play it by ear and see how you feel?

This.

• I had a great recovery and went to a baby shower at 5 days pp.  Granted I didn't bring LO and was only gone for 2 1/2 hours (my mom came over and watched him and he was asleep the whole time).  I also went to Walmart that day too.

If you have to RSVP in advance then I would say no b/c you don't know how you'll feel.  If you could decide last minute then just see how you are feeling.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Yes I would go...it will be fun to get out of the house. I was in a wedding 3 weeks after my csection, that wasnt too fun !
  • imagemabenner1:
    There's no way I could have gone 10 days PP.

ditto ^^^^ 

DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • I would not feel bad for not attending and politefully decline the offer. They should be completely understanding of this. I feel the same way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagestw_77:

I have had three c/s and I personally wouldn't go.  I think my recoveries were easy but that is also because I took it really easy and didn't do much for a few weeks.  Now, when I did start to do too much  the pain would come back and I would also start bleeding again. 

My advice is to send your  regrets and a nice gift and don't let anyone give you a hard time for not going.  There is nothing wrong with putting your new baby and yourself first at this time.  I would also advise against giving reasons why you can't go.  Just a sweet and simple " Sorry, but we will not be able to attend" and let it go.  If anyone tries to push you, then tell them it won't be up for discussion. 

This. Take care of yourself first.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"