Natural Birth
Options

Red raspberry leaf tea cold?

Everytime I've drank it, I've had it hot and as far as I remember everything says to have it hot. Does it make a difference if I drink it cold? Just started working full time and I want to be able to make a pitcher and just take a bottle of it during the day to get it in. Just not sure if the potency would be compromised.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Red raspberry leaf tea cold?

• Options

I've never drank it hot and I'm not sure how that would effect the potency of it.  When it's hard for me to drink plain water, RRL tea is a refreshing alternative.

Do you buy your RRL in bulk?  I buy mine from the natural grocer in bulk, then put however much I want (+ some peppermint for taste) in a muslin tea bag, put that in a mason jar and pour hot water over it.  I usually let it steep over night and just take it with me in the morning.  It's pretty potent from steeping so long.

• Options
    My SIL was pregnant during the hot summer and she drank lots of iced RRL tea, and her MW seemed fine with it. I'm sure it's fine, and as PP said, a refreshing alternative to water :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My MW mentioned drinking it iced, should be fine.
  • Options
    It's been a hot winter. I've been drinking it cold the last few weeks. I do let it boil first and steep to almost room temperature before I ice it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• Options
    I always had a pitcher in the fridge. Yummy!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

imagepepomntpat:
    I always had a pitcher in the fridge. Yummy!

I disagree with it being tasty haha but it's good for me, so I drink it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    As long as it is brewed correctly, there is nothing wrong with drinking it cold :)
    Pregnancy Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"