Late Term and Child Loss
Options

My first trigger...

I've had random crying of course, I think we all have...but I'd never encountered a trigger until yesterday.  DH were at "The Descendants" as part of our valentine's date, and there's a part in the movie where they are scattering ashes.  I lost it.  I was bawling... as quietly as I could so people wouldn't hear hopefully, but I lost it.  Then in the car I cried the whole way home.  I just kept thinking how it's not fare that scattering ashes in a movie immediately takes me back to my own baby boy.  It was awful.  I finally understand what you guys mean when you talk about a trigger.  
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

Re: My first trigger...

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Ugh.  It's not fair at all.  I'm sorry you had this experience.  Big hugs!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Big big ((hugs!)) I know how you feel! I'm so sorry.
    Tim 12/30/00 Brad 4/30/02 Alex 9/29/03 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Ugh I am sorry.  We went to see shutter island a few weeks after Kam died thinking it was a horror moviem we had no clue about the drownings in it.  I had to get up and leave the theater. 

Huge hugs.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Huge hugs.
    Logan Gregory born sleeping 9/29/2011 @ 40wks 2days Forever in our hearts Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Congrats to Heatherhah! Baby girl has finally arrived!Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to my Labor Buddy SouthernBellaKS
  • Options
    (((HUGS)))
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    BIg hugs. Parts of that movie, like the hospital scenes, were really a trigger to me too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • Options

Ugh that sucks! Why can't a valentines date just be a valentines date! 

:( 

• Options

imageMjmksb04:
    BIg hugs. Parts of that movie, like the hospital scenes, were really a trigger to me too.

The hospital scenes were hard for me too, I hated seeing things that looked like my hospital room, like the white board.  Those parts made me cringe, but the ashes... that was just what made me lose it entirely. 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• Options

imageMjmksb04:

The hospital scenes were hard for me too, I hated seeing things that looked like my hospital room, like the white board.  Those parts made me cringe, but the ashes... that was just what made me lose it entirely. 

CafeMom Tickers

My Blog

• Options

imageMjmksb04:

CafeMom Tickers

My Blog

• Options
    Big hugs. I hate those. :-/
    TTC since November 2009. DH diagnosed with sperm antibodies. IUI #1 = BFN IUI #2 = BFN On the road to IVF.... Egg Retrieval Jan 21, 2011 16 eggs retrieved Egg transfer Jan 26, 2011 Only 2 viable eggs transferred. 1 IVF, 1 ICSI IVF #1 = BFP :-) 10/3/11 No heart beat at 38 weeks: Our baby Jack became an angel 12/14/11 = natural BFP Rainbow baby Samantha Jacklyn born8/8/12. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    *hugs*
  • Options
    Ugh, Petunia, I am so sorry :(, big fat ((hugs)) to you!
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• Options
    I'm so sorry you had to go through that.  I was actually talking to a friend this weekend about triggers and I told her about how there's the known triggers (for me the baby aisle at the grocery store, Target, driving by the hospital where Corbin passed, being around babies etc.) but what I call the "unknown" or surprise triggers are the ones that stop you in your tracks.  My worst one was a few days after Corbin passed.  I went to CVS.  In the car I figured listening to the radio wouldn't be good so I turned the radio to ESPN talk radio figuring I'd be safe.  There was a commercial for State Farm Insurance and this guy sings that he likes his home and auto insurance like he likes his burrito.  I was sitting in the parking lot bawling.  Why?  Corbin loved to be swaddled and whenever I would go to put him in his swaddler I'd ask him he he wanted to be a burrito.  Never knew a stupid commercial could set me off.  I've even cried over a Taco Bell commercial that mentioned a new burrito.  Again, so sorry and hope you get through it.  {{{HUGS}}}

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Options
    Big hugs! I hate it when stuff sneaks up on you like this. I agree, it is the ones that catch you off guard that are the worst. Especially when you are in public.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"