Military Families
Options

Tricare and Clomid?

Sorry if there is an obvious answer to my question but I just want to double check before we get any surprise bills from our doctor.

I have been seeing an RE for a couple of visits and now that we know DH's SA results are normal and all of my tests (ultrasounds, HSG test, blood work) all came back normal our RE has suggested our next step will be two cycles of Clomid with timed intercourse.

I see that the Tricare website says that it covers "hormonal treatment"...I'm not sure Clomid is actually considered just that? Will Tricare cover these next two cycles with Clomid?

TTC our first Navy baby! Me:27 DH:30, together since 8/2003, Married on 7/2006
9/26/10 stopped BCP and started TTC.
9/2011 referred to RE. All blood work normal and DH's SA=normal results
11/2011 HSG=both tubes clear
One natural (monitored) cycle of Clomid, 50mg 2/2012= BFN
Getting ready for first IUI, 3/2012 received orders to Japan! (postponed IUI)
5/2012 Moved to Japan, fought Tricare for months over referral (no fertility treatment on our military base) for Japanese RE out in town!
8/2012 Started seeing new RE
9/2012, post coital test= hostile cervical fluid, (finally) moving on with first IUI!
9/29/2012 IUI #1+trigger= BFN
10/27/2012 IUI #2+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
11/28/2012 IUI #3+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
12/28/2012 IUI#4+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger=BFN
2/1/2013 IUI#5+injectables+trigger=BFN
3/2013 IUI#6+injectables+trigger=???

Re: Tricare and Clomid?

• Options
    I'm on tricare Prime, and i am now three months preg with a clomid baby. i saw and RE on base, so for me everything was covered. i don't know if this is the case for outside RE's. hopefully this helps.
    IAmPregnant Ticker savgardiner.blogspot.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    As long as having timed intercourse yes covered. If you go off base to fill it you pay copay but is it. Good luck. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes clomid is covered as well as ovidrel to induce ovulation and progesterone

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options

Air Force wife here (TriCare Prime), poking my head over from another board... Clomid is covered as long as you're sticking with TI. Also, I hope you never have to take it this far, but I know from personal experience that TriCare will also cover drugs like Femera and Follistim, as long as you are ultimately using TI to get pregnant. They will not cover any drugs or procedures related to what they call "non-coital" treatment... so nothing pertaining to IUIs or IVF.

Just make sure you have a current referral for all outside RE visits. Hopefully you were referred to an RE who is very familiar with the TriCare process, and he/she can handle all of the paperwork without needing to bother you.

Good luck!

ETA: TriCare will also cover your monitoring appointments for medicated cycles (so ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc.). The only OOP we've had to pay were small copays for prescriptions that were picked up at a pharmacy off base.

me 26 / DH 29
    TTC#1 since 5/2010 (charting, AO)
    2/2011: DX: PCOS, hypothyroid (1700 mg Metformin, 50 mcg Synthroid)
    8/10/2011: First RE appt.
    9/2011 & 10/2011: Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    11/2011: Femara + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    1/2012: Femara + Follistim + Ovidrel + TI = BFP! (Praise the Lord!)
    ?3/23/2012: Graduated from the RE... moving on to a regular OB!?
    ?10/29/2012: Our precious baby boy was born via emergency C-section. 5 lbs, 13 oz; 18" long ?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    imagekaleidoskpeyez:

Air Force wife here (TriCare Prime), poking my head over from another board... Clomid is covered as long as you're sticking with TI. Also, I hope you never have to take it this far, but I know from personal experience that TriCare will also cover drugs like Femera and Follistim, as long as you are ultimately using TI to get pregnant. They will not cover any drugs or procedures related to what they call "non-coital" treatment... so nothing pertaining to IUIs or IVF.

Just make sure you have a current referral for all outside RE visits. Hopefully you were referred to an RE who is very familiar with the TriCare process, and he/she can handle all of the paperwork without needing to bother you.

Good luck!

ETA: TriCare will also cover your monitoring appointments for medicated cycles (so ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc.). The only OOP we've had to pay were small copays for prescriptions that were picked up at a pharmacy off base.

This is great information. Thanks! 

• Options

Yes, I only needed one round of Clomid and Tricare covered it. Hope all works out for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"