North Carolina Babies
Options

Whirlwind of a Week

So I had an appointment on Friday and my bp was really high so they told me if it didn't drop by the end of my appointment they were going to send me over to the hospital to be induced. But it dropped so they've just been monitoring me closely and had me do another 24 hour urine collection which came back great. No pre-e. They also did a growth ultrasound on Friday and he was measuring almost 7 pounds already, so that freaked me out. But today I went in and when they measured my belly it wasn't measuring big at all. They told me the ultrasounds are notorious for being wrong, so not to worry. Then I went into work yesterday and I wasn't feeling great so the Doctor that I work for took my bp and it was 150/93 so he sent me straight to my OB. When I called them, they told me to go ahead and pack my bags because if it was still that high when we got there they were sending me over the hospital, again. It was still high, but dropped my the end of my appointment again. Long story short. They had me come back in again today and they did an NST and he's happy as a clam and I have gestational hypertension. DH and I have just been on a roller coaster of emotions thinking we were going to meet him twice and then everything settling down. They pulled me from work, so now I'm going to be stir crazy at home and I'm bummed I have to use 2 weeks of maternity leave before he's even here. I'm just happy that he's healthy and happy and I'll still have 10 weeks with him once he decides he's ready :)

Re: Whirlwind of a Week

• Options
    Does sound like a whirlwind few days!  Glad all is ok.  You're so close to meeting him though!  Good luck.  Enjoy the rest time.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sleep now!!!  As much as you can!  After the first two weeks with DS, I asked a friend, "Why didn't you prepare me for how incredibly exhausted you are?!?!"  He said, "There's just no way to prepare your for that!"  I hope you feel ok and your birth is easy and not too painful

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh wow that is quite a week.  You are in the hope stretch now though momma!  I hope he comes soon for you :)
  • Options
    Glad everything is okay! Try to enjoy your down time these last weeks. Relax, read a book, sleep in :) Hope your BP stays down now that you're at home!
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemeganandchase:
    Sleep now!!!  As much as you can!  After the first two weeks with DS, I asked a friend, "Why didn't you prepare me for how incredibly exhausted you are?!?!"  He said, "There's just no way to prepare your for that!"  I hope you feel ok and your birth is easy and not too painful

Posts like these make me crazy.  It was the total opposite for me since sleeping while pregnant was the worst sleep I've ever had in my life.

Once DD arrived, I was thrilled to be able to sleep again and can't even say I know what the exhaustion people speak of feels like.

• Options
    imageECUPirate04:

imagemeganandchase:

Posts like these make me crazy.  It was the total opposite for me since sleeping while pregnant was the worst sleep I've ever had in my life.

Once DD arrived, I was thrilled to be able to sleep again and can't even say I know what the exhaustion people speak of feels like.

:) I haven't slept for the last 2 months. I woke up at 1:30 am and have been up ever since. My sleep patterns are the worst they've ever been for me too. 

• Options
    imageLawren:
    imageECUPirate04:

imagemeganandchase:

:) I haven't slept for the last 2 months. I woke up at 1:30 am and have been up ever since. My sleep patterns are the worst they've ever been for me too. 

Then it will hopefully get better not worse for you.  Pregnant sleep was literally the worst sleep I've ever had in my life.  I'd sit up and want to cry because it wasn't possible to even go to sleep.  Awful.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"