Parenting after a Loss
Options

Good times

After giving DD a bath by myself (DH is out of town) to clean her up after her hysterical meltdown in the car that left her a sweaty mess, we were all snuggled in bed, clean PJs on, and she pukes everywhere. Like everywhere, volcano erupting everywhere lava puke. It covered me, her, the bed, the floor (carpeted, naturally), the dresser, changing pad, the Boppy, walls, gross. But she is happy now and so smiley and cute I can't even be annoyed :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Good times

• Options
    Oh no!  Sorry mama.  Glad she's smiley and cute enough for you to have a sense of humor about it.
  • Options
    Oy. I'm sorry.
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yuck! But yay for smiles!
    formerly laurc Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP#1- 12.31.09- EDD 09.10.10- our angel Ella born sleeping on 09.03.10 BFP#2- 03.09.11- EDD 11.13.11- DS born 10.29.11 via successful induction BFP#3- 6.27.12- EDD 3.5.13- CVS 8.28.12, it's a BOY!-- DS2 born 2.14.13 via successful induction
  • Options

Yucky! 

Glad you are smiling about it :)

• Options
    I love when they create pandemonium and sit there and smile as you clean up the aftermath, don't you?

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Oh no, that sounds awful. But at least she's all smiles now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place.
    Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace.
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options

Girl, let me tell you this.  I am no parenting expert, by any stretch of the imagination, but with six years of experience I feel confident in passing on this little nugget....

Sh!t like that will ONLY happen when dh is away!!  For realz!!  The kids are always sick when dh is oot.  They throw up EVERYWHERE when he is oot.  That way, it's up to me, and me alone, to make sure I get them, myself, and everything else victimized by the vomit explosion cleaned up and/or in the wash before the stink takes over our home and stains set in on everything.  

Yep...only when dh is gone.  Ahhhhh...the joys.... 

Forever missing Baby Z #3 ~ Natural m/c 4.12.2010 at 11w2d
    *So proud and so lucky to be the mommy of two beautiful little girls
    and one handsome little man*
    RJ~5.17.2005~born @ 37w due to IUGR~4lbs 15ozs
    Al~4.5.2008~born big and healthy @ 38w~7lbs 9.5ozs
    Lil man~5.20.2011~born big and healthy @ 39w (after one he!! of a pregnancy)~8lbs 1oz
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageZed58:

Girl, let me tell you this.  I am no parenting expert, by any stretch of the imagination, but with six years of experience I feel confident in passing on this little nugget....

Sh!t like that will ONLY happen when dh is away!!  For realz!!  The kids are always sick when dh is oot.  They throw up EVERYWHERE when he is oot.  That way, it's up to me, and me alone, to make sure I get them, myself, and everything else victimized by the vomit explosion cleaned up and/or in the wash before the stink takes over our home and stains set in on everything.  

I agree. Explosions only happen when you're alone. But god forbid your DH is home alone when one happens to him. He will call you, his mom, and the Haz-Mat team in for backup.

• Options
    Hugs mama, if it makes you feel any better DS pooped while I was feeding him at lunch time. It was one of those explosions that came out of his diapes and got all over his clothes and a little on my WORK clothes. Unlike him I didn't have a change of clothing for me!
    BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageErnie52408:
    imageZed58:

I agree. Explosions only happen when you're alone. But god forbid your DH is home alone when one happens to him. He will call you, his mom, and the Haz-Mat team in for backup.

LOL you girls crack me up and it's so true! On today's schedule is steam cleaning the carpet while Miss Pukey Pants smiles away like nothing happened ;)
  • Options
    imageD&D4Ever7:
    Hugs mama, if it makes you feel any better DS pooped while I was feeding him at lunch time. It was one of those explosions that came out of his diapes and got all over his clothes and a little on my WORK clothes. Unlike him I didn't have a change of clothing for me!
    Oh no! You poor thing! I've started traveling with an extra set of clothes now since I've been puked on so badly while out and about I've had to go home.
  • Options
    YAY for smiles and it only coming out of one end!  Sorry about the rest. 
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    imageKaren1998:
    YAY for smiles and it only coming out of one end!  Sorry about the rest. 
    LOL yeah thank heaven for small favors ;)
  • Options
    Oh no! I feel your pain. I have an explosive baby too, but his usually comes out the other end. :p
    married 09.06.08
    BFP #1 - m/c on 12.22.09 @ 8w3d
    BFP #2 - d&c on 07.22.10 @11w1d
    BFP #3 - DS born on 06.22.11 @41w3d!
    BFP #4 - Due 04.24.13
  • Options
    Hugs. Glad she feels better. It is amazing they can contain so much vomit.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • Options
    imageitsmegin:
    imageD&D4Ever7:
    Oh no! You poor thing! I've started traveling with an extra set of clothes now since I've been puked on so badly while out and about I've had to go home.
    I think I may need to carry an outfit for myself as well. Fun stuff!
    BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    EWWWWW!!! It is gross, but so funny when they do that and then right after they are as happy as clams.
  • Options

I'm sorry that Murphy & his stupid Law came to visit.  Stick out tongue  But, I agree that it is so hard to be upset about anything these little stinkers do.  Wink

ETA:  And I'm glad Winter felt better after getting it all out! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"