Working Moms
Options

How do you wake LO in the morning?

She usually wakes on her own around 7am. When she wakes up, she is happy and all smiles.

However, in order for me to make it to work on time, I need her to wake up by 6:30 at the latest.

DD will cry when I try to wake her. Moving bedtime up by half an hour doesn't help.

How do you wake your LO up?

My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d

Re: How do you wake LO in the morning?

• Options
    When she was little I would just turn on the light and gently rub her back and talk to her until she woke up. I would do her diaper change right there in the crib to give her a little more time to adjust before I picked her up. She wasn't always happy about it but it seemed the most gentle way to do it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Try changing bedtime to an hour earlier. I agree that half hour is probably not enough. My DS wakes up at different time each day. I pray that he is up before 7 and if not, I wake him up. Usually he is ready to be up by 7 so he doesn't fuss. I make lot of funny and lovey sounds when I wake him up. He seems to enjoy that.
    BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I open LO's door but leave the light off and walk away and finish getting ready for work.  Lo usually wakes up in a couple of min on her own, happy as can be.  If I don't let her wake on her own- I have to deal with it and it sucks!
  • Options

With my boys, I just started slowly with them. I'd turn on the lamp that wasn't to bright and talk to them. Open the blinds and just keep talking. I'd change their diapers and clothes in the bedroom by then they were pretty much awake.

It took about a month or two of doing that when they started switching to waking at that time every morning. Now neither of my boys sleep past 7am which is good on school days not so good on saturday/sunday but that's okay

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'll just start unzipping and taking off his sleepsack and he usually starts waking up.  I've been lucky that he usually wakes up happy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Looks like a lot of good advice so far, but here's another suggestion.  I just pick her up and nurse her right away.  I have to do this first thing since she is too distracted to eat once her brothers are up.  While she's nursing I unwrap her swaddle and let her stretch.  By the time she's done she's happy and smiling. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I pick her up from her crib and kiss her forehead as we head to the changing table.  She does all her stretching on the table and then is ready to nurse once she has on a new diaper.  She's not in daycare yet so I then put her back in her crib so that she and DH can get some more sleep. 
  • Options
    I would, like PP suggested, move your LO's bedtime back 1 full hour and see if that works.  I would rather a child wake up on their own (getting enough sleep) than with a wake-up.  If that didn't work, I'd do a slow wake up - open the door, turn on a low light, etc. 
  • Options
    she goes to bed at 7 and i have to wake her at 530. it sucks. i pick her up when she's still sleeping and change her with her eyes still closed. she whines a bit most mornings when i do this but what can you do? i just try to be as gentle, yet as quick as possible. on the weekends she wakes on her own and is a completely different (happy and content as can be) child- who could blame her?? i'm the same way. i hate being woken up.
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"