Pregnant after 35
Options

39 weeks

So close, yet so far away.

I had my first cervix check this morning and heard the only words I have ever heard in either of my pregnancy. High, firm and completely closed. It means nothing, I know, that's why I declined all previous checks but it would be nice to have some sign from my body that it does know that pregnancies are supposed to come to an end. 

I have two weeks for something to happen or they will be trying to send me for an RCS, which I absolutely do not want.

On the brighter side, the babies head is engaged at +1 so maybe he'll start putting some pressure on my cervix and help it open. 

I am also throwing caution to the wind these last couple of weeks and enjoying some guilt free eating. Chick-fil-a again today? Yes, I think I will.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 39 weeks

• Options
    good luck !  You are soooo close.  Hopefully things will proceed as they should.  sometimes things go fast once they start. :-)
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Oh, these last days seem to go on forever. I am sending you quick progress vibes! Ok, now I want a Chick-fil-a!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also had no signs of anything happening at 39 weeks. I had a membrane sweep though during that 39 week check and had my baby the next day. GL and hope bub doesnt stay put too long ;)
  • Options
    LOL! Have a LARGE shake ;)
  • Options
    Hope baby decides to take charge of the situation soon and get himself born!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I hope that things get going for you really soon.  Man, Chick-fil-a sounds really really good, but we don't have any of those here.  Actually have to visit my IL's in Ohio in order to get it.  Not doing that anytime soon!! lol
  • Options
    Good luck to you!  Sounds like your LO doesn't want an eviction notice.  Have been wondering about you!! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Truckloads of labor dust heading your direction!  Engaged head is a good start; hopefully, dilation will soon follow.
    Me: 41, DH 43 TTC #1 since 8/09 CP 10/09.
    3/11 Clomid-Ovidrel-IUI #1-progesterone= BFN.
    5/11 Femara-Bravelle-Ovidrel-IUI#2-progesterone=BFN.
    6/11 Femara-Ovidrel-IUI#3-progesterone=BFP!
    Beta #1 7/1: 39. Beta #2 7/5: 301 U/S 7/19 - saw HB!!
    EDD 3/12/12
    DD born 3/5/12
    Baby #2 Beta #1 12/16: 439.  Beta #2 12/18: 1240
    EDD 8/22/15

• Options
    Hey, if baby's head is low, that's great.  And labor can happen at any time!  My sister was high, thick and closed the day before she went into labor.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options
    Hooray for an engaged head!
  • Options
    I'm totally stalking you...and I say you should super size your chick-fil-a!
    ~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Options

I am in your exact same boat!  With DD I waited and waited and they did a section at 42w1d.  I never heard anything but high, long, closed as tight as though never pregnant :-(

I want a VBAC so badly.  We plan to get pregnant one more time after this and I hate the idea of 3 surgeries.  

Here's hoping for both of us that our bodies figure it out before the 41w mark.  (I get to 41w1d before a section this time).

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    best of luck your little man comes soon!
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    Good luck to you! Enjoy your Chick-fil-a :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Wow how exciting though Big Smile like pp said, hope he decided to come into this world soon!!!  Wishing you the best and looking forward to your next posts!!!!
  • Options
    So exciting! Can't wait to hear more! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"