Infertility
Options

Ovulation after a Cancelled/ Failed IVF Cycle?

Hi ladies! Hopefully someone has more experience with this than I do! Concern is... After my cancelled IVF #1 cycle (cancelled after ER), I have been using OPK's twice a day from CD8 (post ER) - CD 19 (today) and still no positive Ovulation! Usually I ovulate no later than CD 18. I am wondering if it is common for an IVF cycle to screw up your normal menstrual cycle or LP? And if I will need to ask for Provera to jump start my pd. in another week?

Lots of special luck to all my former Snowflakes and the Love Bugs! 

Re: Ovulation after a Cancelled/ Failed IVF Cycle?

• Options
    My ovulation was a full week late after my cycle. It was very unusual for me!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Options

imageRuthie04:
    My ovulation was a full week late after my cycle. It was very unusual for me!

This is good to know!! I will keep using my OPK's then and just hope it will just be a little late! Thanks!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you using OPKs as part of treatment or to monitor when you O? This cycle the clear blue digis did NOT detect my surge. I was advised by Edwina to call my dr. I did, and am so glad. They found that I actually did O about a week prior. Edwina basically saved my EPP from being postponed again. I am proof that OPKs dont always work. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    After my last failed IVF, my next cycle was over 8 weeks.  My Dr. said to expect it to be about 2 weeks late.... but of course mine was over that.  I didn't keep track if I ovulated- but I am thinking I probably did not since it was so late.
    IVF w/ ICSI #1 April 2011 12dp3dt beta#1- 49.4 15dp3dt Beta#2- 240.7! 22dp3dt- 4940.4 u/s#1 6w4d- hb 120 u/s#2 8w1d-hb 160 u/s#3 9w4d no hb- missed misscarriage measuring 9w2d D & C IVF #2 BFN IVF #3
  • Options
    I just asked this question the other day.  I O'd on CD 21 this cycle and usually O between 13-17. 
  • Options
    Yes, I O'd later following IVF.  Following my first IVF, I did not O until CD 15 (I normally O CD10-12) and for IVF#2, I did not O until CD22!   Hang in there.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options

imagelynn0926:
    Are you using OPKs as part of treatment or to monitor when you O? This cycle the clear blue digis did NOT detect my surge. I was advised by Edwina to call my dr. I did, and am so glad. They found that I actually did O about a week prior. Edwina basically saved my EPP from being postponed again. I am proof that OPKs dont always work. 

I'm using OPK's to follow my cycle and make sure it's regular (not part of tx). I'm using Wondfo OPK's. Oh wow, the CBE digi's did not work for you? I was thinking to go out and buy some CBE's to use instead & that maybe it was the darn Wondfo's! Maybe I'll rethink that now! I have pcos but regular cycles since my loss in July. Hope this (the pcos) is not the cause. Wow, I am so glad Edwina saved your EPP from being postponed!!! 

• Options

imagelovesred9:
    After my last failed IVF, my next cycle was over 8 weeks.  My Dr. said to expect it to be about 2 weeks late.... but of course mine was over that.  I didn't keep track if I ovulated- but I am thinking I probably did not since it was so late.

This is good to know!! Thanks! I guess I will now be anticipating a possible much later cycle now! 

• Options

imagekyna81:
    I just asked this question the other day.  I O'd on CD 21 this cycle and usually O between 13-17. 

Sorry didn't even see your question on the board! I promise I am not copying....heheee! I will have to go search for that post, thanks! It sounds like you too had a much later O too then.  

• Options

imageMrs.McIrish:
    Yes, I O'd later following IVF.  Following my first IVF, I did not O until CD 15 (I normally O CD10-12) and for IVF#2, I did not O until CD22!   Hang in there.

Thanks for telling me this! I guess I really need to anticipate a much late O this cycle then! I was beginning to worry that I was not going to O at all this cycle & would need Provera to jump start things.

• Options

Am I reading this correctly, you stimmed and cancelled and you're waiting to surge?

You are not talking about a failed IVF, period and now you're waiting to ovulate...

If you had an ER that is considered your ovulation date. Especially if you triggered. The trigger date is the same as an LH surge/+ OPK. 

+++

No I read that wrong. I find that I surge and ovulate a few days late on the cycle following a treatment cycle. But that is me any my wacky body. YMMV.

+++
  • Options
    imageEdwina.McDunnough:

Am I reading this correctly, you stimmed and cancelled and you're waiting to surge?

You are not talking about a failed IVF, period and now you're waiting to ovulate...

If you had an ER that is considered your ovulation date. Especially if you triggered. The trigger date is the same as an LH surge/+ OPK. 

+++

No I read that wrong. I find that I surge and ovulate a few days late on the cycle following a treatment cycle. But that is me any my wacky body. YMMV.

Hi Edwina, It was a cancelled fresh transfer for IVF (b/c of ohss). I stimmed, went through with ER and had to stop there. Then had a pd. a couple days following ER. Now waiting to O and for pd. #2 in order to "possibly" begin an FET cycle. 

Thanks for your input! It seems like based on your input and everyone else's input, that I should probably just expect to O late this cycle then. Thanks again!

• Options
    I'm on the first cycle after a failed IVF, and according to my CBEFM, I haven't ovulated yet.  I chart also, and that has me at 5 dpo.  So I'm not sure what is going on, but yes, I think it might be normal for that to mess up your cycle.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    Hi Carolee, I was debating whether or not to chart this cycle too (did not though) but that probably couldn't have hurt things! Thanks for your input. Based on everyone's responses, I am pretty much preparing for a bit of a crazy cycle now!! 
  • Options
    Llong seems most common, but short or on time shows up on these polls. Bodies are weird and I hope you don't do this long enough to find out what your typical response is. Good luck with your FET
    +++
  • Options

imageEdwina.McDunnough:
    Llong seems most common, but short or on time shows up on these polls. Bodies are weird and I hope you don't do this long enough to find out what your typical response is. Good luck with your FET

Thanks Edwina!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"