Late Term and Child Loss

Piggybacking

I've had several people sort of "piggyback" their own grief issue onto mine when I broke the news to them. Has anyone else had this happen?

What I mean is, when I told them, they consoled me but then went on to tell me that they have breast cancer, have a friend who's son has a terminal heart defect, or that they will be filing for divorce in January. I've heard all 3 since our loss. WTH? Isn't this kind of weird? I mean, I get that I'm not the only person going through something right now, but do they need to tell me at that very moment? They couldn't have waited til next week or something to tell me about their breast cancer?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Piggybacking

• {{hugs}}

I've had some similar experiences.  I think it is because people are trying to be sympathetic and connect with you but don't really know how. 

BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP  #4 - Beatrix V. Q. Born 6.2.13 at 23w6d.

My blog My chart
  • imagedandywarhol:

{{hugs}}

I've had some similar experiences.  I think it is because people are trying to be sympathetic and connect with you but don't really know how. 

This completely.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedandywarhol:

{{hugs}}

I agree with this.  My mom tries to get advice from one of her clients about client's daughter that died as a 25 year old, then passes the advice to me.  I get that she's trying to help, or understand herself, but it's not the same.

imageimageimage
  • imagepottermommy:
    imagedandywarhol:

{{hugs}}

This completely.

Yes.  And the same has happened to me several times.   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"