D.C. Area Babies

Pregnancy symptoms I never knew about until it was my turn

This is totally TMI, but seriously, why doesn't anyone warn you about this stuff in advance?

-Incontinence: If I cough, sneeze, or laugh too hard, I have to change my underwear. I've started wearing panty liners because I was running out of underwear.

-Constipation: Despite the fact that I can pee at the drop of a hat, I can't poop to save my life without some degree of effort.

-Hemerrhoids: Nothing to say about this, really. They suck.

-Stiffness: Conversely, I feel about 85 when I get out of bed in the morning. I can barely move, and trying to get out of the body pillow contraption I sleep in (we call it my command center) is a sight to see.

What am I missing?

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers"

Re: Pregnancy symptoms I never knew about until it was my turn

• Re:  Stiffness.  I had this a lot at the end of my pregnancy and it was due to swelling.  I found stretching and walking really helped.  It was so miserable at the end that I could barely move.  Those were the only 2 things that gave me relief. 
  • There's a great, infamous post about pregnancy symptoms from the Money Matters board on the Nest. It's really entertaining. https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/5496205.aspx

To anyone who's not pregnant yet and reading this post: I had very few negative symptoms, other than getting huge, which is inevitable. I had some morning sickness (really all-day sickness) in first tri, but that's about it. So don't be too scared!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Re: Roids - I didn't have these until I pushed.  And now, I'm sad.  I'm not a big supporter of elective surgical procedures, but I will investigate having these lasered off.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageWinesNotWhines:
    To anyone who's not pregnant yet and reading this post: I had very few negative symptoms, other than getting huge, which is inevitable. I had some morning sickness (really all-day sickness) in first tri, but that's about it. So don't be too scared!

Yes, this is not meant to scare anyone; it's just stuff I wish I had known about in advance! None of it is that bad.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers"
  • I didn't have any really awful symptoms during my pregnancy, although I got very swollen very quickly and was alarmingly huge. On the bright side, my skin was amazing when I was pregnant, and my hair looked great, too.

I am terrified that if we do go for #2, and I get KU that I'll have a terrible pregnancy just to balance out the ease of the first one. 

And even though my pregnancy felt easy, I did end up with GD and PIH and was on bedrest for 3 weeks and then delivered early, so that might have been the downside to the lack of symptoms.

• You can get heartburn just by drinking water. 

For me... the constipation is the worst and with this specific pregnancy I can burp on command. 

image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageWinesNotWhines:
    There's a great, infamous post about pregnancy symptoms from the Money Matters board on the Nest. It's really entertaining. https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/5496205.aspx

The best part of this post (it's three years old) is how so many posters are all "Ack! That's terrible! I'm never having kids!" but their current signatures show them having one (or more).

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• imagemssaint:

I am terrified that if we do go for #2, and I get KU that I'll have a terrible pregnancy just to balance out the ease of the first one. 

This is my experience at the moment - it's not terrible, but much harder than #1, and not just because I'm chasing a toddler. My first pregnancy was a dream. My skin is a disaster area, I cannot stop itching for anything (seriously, I dread getting dressed in the morning because my skin just hurts), insomnia is pretty bad, and the heartburn has been a little rough. BUT...I'm still so thrilled to be pregnant, of course, so I try to enjoy all the kicks and only look in the mirror at my skin occasionally!

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagemommmyz:
    imagemssaint:

This is my experience at the moment - it's not terrible, but much harder than #1, and not just because I'm chasing a toddler. My first pregnancy was a dream. My skin is a disaster area, I cannot stop itching for anything (seriously, I dread getting dressed in the morning because my skin just hurts), insomnia is pretty bad, and the heartburn has been a little rough. BUT...I'm still so thrilled to be pregnant, of course, so I try to enjoy all the kicks and only look in the mirror at my skin occasionally!

You just took the words right out of my mouth!  This one has def been much harder.  Probably just because it was off to a very rough start to begin with yes, very different, and much more difficult. 

image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I confess due to the passing of time I've probably forgotten most of mine except the horrendous all day sickness/vomiting. But I had pregnancy induced carpal tunnel that lasted well beyond delivering H so that memory stuck around.

And the reason no one warns you about it... mommy code. We were surprised about the things that happened, and so you should be too. Wink

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have pretty bad pregnancies but I think I had heard about these possible complications. As bethenny frankel said, no one told me about the "chocolate pancakes". Um, yuck! 
    Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
  • I knew my boobs would grow- I didn't know that at only 3.5 months they'd be too big (34FF or G) to shop at destination maternity, target, etc. for maternity bras!! :( At best I can only seem to find a very limited, very ugly selection online that cover up so much Im pretty sure I won't be able to wear any v-neck tops for the next 6+ months. Darnit!
  • imageladywalton:

Re: Roids - I didn't have these until I pushed.  And now, I'm sad.  I'm not a big supporter of elective surgical procedures, but I will investigate having these lasered off.

Agreed. I will have this done when we are done having kids, but right now we are in the 2? or maybe 3? camp.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had sleep issues my whole pregnancy, along with an internal temperature that was off the charts. I was a hot, sweaty mess pretty much the whole time.

I also had outrageous heartburn the entire pregnancy, along with constipation the 1st and 3rd trimesters.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagebelizeitornot:

I confess due to the passing of time I've probably forgotten most of mine except the horrendous all day sickness/vomiting. But I had pregnancy induced carpal tunnel that lasted well beyond delivering H so that memory stuck around.

And the reason no one warns you about it... mommy code. We were surprised about the things that happened, and so you should be too. Wink

Yes!  I had carpal tunnel for the last month or two of pregnancy that went away when I delivered, but then I developed de Quervain's tendonitis (or however it's spelled) that lasted for 5 months.  Ugh, it was awful!!!  I never knew that even existed!!

Pregnancy stuff - heartburn from water.  That vegetables would give me awful heartburn, but spicy stuff did not!  And ditto the pp who mentioned feeling like an 85 year old when getting up in the morning.  The hip pain.  

• I wore a pantiliner every day I was pg.  I totally hear you. 

The carpel tunnel was such a PITA too.

• imageslukd79:
    imageladywalton:

Re: Roids - I didn't have these until I pushed.  And now, I'm sad.  I'm not a big supporter of elective surgical procedures, but I will investigate having these lasered off.

Agreed. I will have this done when we are done having kids, but right now we are in the 2? or maybe 3? camp.

I got these from pushing and then they cleared up on their own.  Have you done Sitz baths for them?  I found them really helpful.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"