Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

What Christmas means to me...

I know that Jesus wasn't born in December, and that Christmas covers a pagan holiday...but Christmas to me is still a time to get together with friends and family and have a good time. I think Christmas is overly commercialized...but if it puts people in a good mood, hey, whatever. I'm living on my friend's couch with my son, but counting my blessings. I have good friends, supportive family, and my beautiful son. My job doesn't pay well, and I still have no child support...but I was able to buy Adi a gift. I gave my friends some little things, and sent out Christmas cards. They know I would do more if I could afford to...but I can't.

Our first court date is January 3rd. They are also doing an Ex Parte Order for Emergency Support. I hope it works. They subpoenaed (sp?) his work for his payroll information, so hopefully that means something will happen soon. 

I just had to put front brakes on my car. The rear ones need to be done, too, but the front ones were grinding. And being that my ex had to buy a BMW 745Li, it's almost $500. I had been saving for an apartment, and I had $300 saved up. So much for moving out soon. My friend has a mechanic that is working with me on paying him. I paid the $300, and will pay the rest when I get paid. 

I hate being broke, but I would take this any day over what we had to live with when we were with my ex...Adi is the happiest little clam ever. He's growing like crazy, and he loves to dance and sing. He needs a haircut, but I haven't gotten around to that yet. I have the clippers to do it myself...

So, in conclusion, I think that Christmas is just a time to feel blessed for what you have. I believe that it is a time for family and friends to get together and have a good time! Happy Holidays, everyone!!!

Re: What Christmas means to me...

• Options
    I hope that you will be able to look back on this post next year and realize how far you've come. My dad always reminds me that look back and see you never learn from your successes and happy times, you learn and grow from your challenges and failures. Some years truly seem to throw everything at you in the book, and you're doing a very difficult, brave thing with a wonderful attitude. I hope you have a merry, magical day for Christmas with some wonderful changes to celebrate soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm very happy to hear how you're working on ensuring the happiness of both you and your LO.  I wish you the absolute best in the New Year and hope things get easier for you.

Happy Holidays! 

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagehistorychick79:
    I hope that you will be able to look back on this post next year and realize how far you've come. My dad always reminds me that look back and see you never learn from your successes and happy times, you learn and grow from your challenges and failures. Some years truly seem to throw everything at you in the book, and you're doing a very difficult, brave thing with a wonderful attitude. I hope you have a merry, magical day for Christmas with some wonderful changes to celebrate soon!

Thanks, I hope so, too! I look back at even the last year and I see that my attitude has improved a lot, and Adi is picking up on it. He is so much happier than he was back at the house. He knows he is surrounded by people who love him and who won't yell in front of him. Wow, I just realized it's been 4 months with no yelling! Amazing....

• Options

I think you have the heart of the holiday season down right, and I am sorry you are still having to go through that but it sounds like things might get better for you soon.

And ygpm in 5.4.3.2.1.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    imageKitiara5512:

I think you have the heart of the holiday season down right, and I am sorry you are still having to go through that but it sounds like things might get better for you soon.

And ygpm in 5.4.3.2.1.

Thank you so much!!! You have a reply. I can't thank you enough!

• Options
    Replied back, I will be off in 20 minutes so will check messages just before leaving and then after 10.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"