Special Needs
Options

Best hearing aid battery tester?

My LO's batteries died at school at some point yesterday and I checked them that morning and they were at ~80%!  Do you have any recommendations on good battery testers?  Our audiologist mentioned that the one we received in our kit was not very good.

Thank you!

Re: Best hearing aid battery tester?

• Options
    I am not sure what brand of HA your LO use but my DS use Phonak, the audiologist told us that when we close the battery section of the aids if the batteries are weak then you do not get the whistling that normally happens. What I do though is change the batteries every Monday regardless of what the tester says (which is usually somewhere in the 80-90% region). 
  • Options
    I do not use the tester because I think it just drains the battery. I will onlt use the tester if I get the old and new battery mixed up.  I  use the listening tube and check the aid's sound quality before putting them on that way. The aids also make a sort of "powering down" sound when a battery is bad. I usually then change both of them at that time. We also used to change them every Sunday and should probably get more into the habit again, but Nate has been sick a lot and had ear infections so we haven't been wearing them alot.
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have tried many different ones and have found they all suck! As other posters mentioned, just change them regularly. The smaller the aid (the more mild the loss) the longer they last. Except if you have an FM, which drains the batteries more quickly.
  • Options
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"