Maine Babies

Any SAL moms with 2-3 year olds-need advice please

OK, I am being a PW, but I need to ask this.  All suggestions welcome!

Isa sleeps 12 hours a night, but recently waking up (she is obviously still in an overnight pullup, 3 years at end of Oct) because she has "peed over".  These are her words.  Pedi says normal.  Pullups fit well.  Any ideas?  She potties before bed every night, and does not drink a lot before bedtime.

Need some brainstorms.  She does not call out to us, because she says it happens when she is asleep. Thanks and love, Jill

Re: Any SAL moms with 2-3 year olds-need advice please

• is she a really heavy sleeper?  would it be possible to get her up w/out waking her all the way and taking her to the bathroom before you go to bed for the night?  i ve known some kids who this worked for.  (but obviously if she doesnt settle easily that wont work.) 

• I don't have any kiddos that age, but my sister went through similar issues w/her oldest son.  She would do what pp said & get him up in the middle of the night to go one more time.  It was almost like he was "sleep-peeing".  He didn't really wake up fully, just enough to get the job done.  So it was easy for him to go right back to sleep.  Hope that works for you!

ps - omigosh, Mario had SO much hair as a tiny baby!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I was thinking the same thing.  She might settle easily, but she might not.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

I think if I use a night light in the bathroom and keep it dark and quiet--it may work.  Once the lights are  full on, she is all about getting up.  This is a good idea, thanks all.  And thanks for not saying "she pees in her sleep?"  I have asked this before to the "supermoms" who apparantly live in my neighborhood when she was 2, and got this answer!  I mean, if she is 7 and doing it, I'll worry. Much love, Jill 

• Pull ups are not designed to handle overnight wetting. Put her in a large diaper (I use Pampers Baby Dry size 5 at night for DS).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have heard other mothers say the night peeing worked for them. I talked to my pedi (because DD is 6 and cannot stay dry thru the night) and she said that while that does work for "peeing over" it will not help her learn to stay dry thru the night (if there is a problem other than small bladder). Her suggestion is (and I will not try this for various reasons) when that happens make her help you clean it up. I do not think that she meant it as a pinushment but a training tool. I personally do not see that this would help (at least in our case) and no matter what she says I think that it is mean. We use Good-Nights and they work well. The dr says that if it continues she will do some medical testing. Good luck. I know how fustrating this can be.
  • And just FYI- my little brother wet the bed until he was 7 or 8. My parents did everything, including waking him up multiple times per night to pee, and it didn't help. Some kids are just bed wetters. You'll be glad to know that he's now 25 years old and accident-free. ;-) Just keep reminding yourself that Isa isn't going to be in diapers when she's 25.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"