December 2011 Moms
Options

Personal Items at the Hospital...

I'm finally getting around to filling out those wonderful registeration forms.

On the back there's a release for lost or damaged items. They ask in there what I wish for them to do with personal items (cash, credit cards, glasses, jewelry). I'm not horribly worried about the cash, credit cards (as DH will be with me and I don't really plan on bring much of that into the hospital. Glasses...whatever. But jewelry?

I'm really attached to my ring. I've been able to wear it and barely ever take it off. I don't really expect I'll remember to take it off. Will they make me in any circumstance?

Oh...and I'm still wearing my toe rings too. Am I going to get pestered about these things?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Personal Items at the Hospital...

• Options

I had a feeling I was going to be admitted the day I gave birth so I left all my jewelry at home, but no one ever asked me to remove any I might have been wearing. Might have been different if I had a c/s though, you would probably have to remove everything in that case.

If you remember, I'd leave your jewelry at home when you go in.

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options
    imagelageorgiapaperie:

I had a feeling I was going to be admitted the day I gave birth so I left all my jewelry at home, but no one ever asked me to remove any I might have been wearing. Might have been different if I had a c/s though, you would probably have to remove everything in that case.

If you remember, I'd leave your jewelry at home when you go in.

Thanks... I think I'm going to have to put a list of "to-do" things on my hospital bag.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I had a vaginal birth with DS#1 they never asked me to remove any jewelry. I had a scheduled c section on Monday and they only allowed me to have my wedding rings on and they just put tape over them. If you wear jewelry, I would keep it to a minimum in cAse they make you take it off. Also, for my hospital bag, I also made a list of all last minute things to grab like cell phone, cell phone charger, etc. It mad it so much easier to remember the last minute important items.
  • Options
    My hands were so swollen I couldn't have gotten them off if I would have tried, but no one asked me.  I did leave my bracelets home, but the toe rings sound fun.  Everyone loved my ruby red toe polish.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage

• Options
    I don't know if you'll get pestered, but I'm going to leave all my jewelry at home (and I NEVER take my wedding set off). I work at the hospital where I'm going to deliver, and it's policy to remove all jewelry for any surgery, even outpatient procedures -- so I know if something happens and I end up with a c/s, or just with lots of swelling after delivery, I'll have to take them off anyway.  Although it is highly unlikely, I'd be devastated if the nurse had to cut my rings off -- I think they're better off being left at home. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm leaving all my jewelry at home.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I kept my earrings in the whole time with my first son, I took my watch off and sent it home, and my fingers were so swollen, I couldn't have worn my rings anyways.

This time, I'll keep the earrings and my rings on, I just feel naked without them.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"