Secondary IF
Options

Intro and question on Follistim

Hi Ladies,

I have not been on this board before, so here's my story.  It's a little hard for me to figure out exactly where I belong (TTCAL, TTTC, TTC after 35, SIF)!  

DH and I did not have difficulty conceiving our first pregnancy in early 2010 (ended in early miscarriage) and our second pregnancy several months later.  Unfortunately, we lost our baby as a result of a birth defect.   We are now on cycle number 8 of TTC.  I went to see RE for help in the form of hormones, etc., mainly because of our emotional stress and my age over 35.  We did one cycle with Clomid, only had one follicle, did IUI and TI.  This cycle we did Follistim with good response (prob about 3 or possibly 4) and B2B IUI w/ high numbers.   

I feel really pretty bloated, but not just in the pelvis, sort of my whole abdomen.  Also having heartburn which is not normal for me.  It is way to early any signs of pg, I am only about 5 days out from IUI.  Did you experience this after IUI w/ Follistim?  Otherwise I felt like it was a pretty tolerable treatment?

Thanks! 

TTC #1 12/2009
BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
4/2012 FET BFP #3
5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
Baby,please stay!!
Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro and question on Follistim

• Options

Hi!

I think you could fit either here or the regular infertility board as you lost your little ones. (I am SO SO sorry for your losses) 

The thing that automatically came to my mind was OHSS. Do you have PCOS? Did you use an Hcg trigger shot? Are you in pain? How about peeing? Is it decreased and/or dark/smells strong? 

I was hospitalized last week for OHSS, if that is what you have it sucks!  

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

Thanks for the response - I thought about that, but since I am already done w/ the injections (and have already ovulated) is it possible?

I don't have PCOS.  Did use the HCG trigger.  No pain.  Peeing normally.   

I did think maybe I am retaining some fluid b/c I gained a few pounds in a week with no change in diet - and that was before T-day! 

TTC #1 12/2009
    BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
    BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
    congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
    Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
    1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
    4/2012 FET BFP #3
    5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
    6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
    8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
    1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
    2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
    Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
    Baby,please stay!!
    Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
    Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have any insight on your treatment, but I did want to say that I am so sorry for your losses and welcome to the board.  The women here are great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm sorry for your losses!  Welcome to the board! The ladies here are very kind and supportive!  I'm not sure what to say about the Follistim.  We conceived DD on Follistim last time around and I don't recall having any side effects like that. 

I also wanted to say good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

OHSS does not appear until you are done with injections and after the Hcg. It is a side effect of the Hcg. 

I began with retaining fluid, but then I was in incredible pain and not peeing much. I don't think yours is bad if that is what you have, but I would suggest drinking lots of fluids and resting. Good luck!!

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

So sorry for your losses.

I've done 3 IUIs with Follistim and just finished up with an IVF cycle with Follistim...did feel somewhat bloated but did not get heartburn (I did get heartburn with the IVF cycle on and off but think it was from the Doxycycline I took for the retrieval)...what dosage of Follistim are you taking?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"