Multiples
Options

No scheduled c/s/ induction til 39 weeks?

This is what the hospital's policy is, even for multiples. OB said given my history of delivering DS at 38 weeks at home she would have me come in at first sign of labor but I'm a bit nervous about this scenario. I love my OB and the hospital and I'd prefer not be induced or have a c/s (unless indicated) but I really would prefer they move that date up a bit. Thoughts?
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

Re: No scheduled c/s/ induction til 39 weeks?

• Options

Ours was the same policy. 

If your having a healthy pregnancy there is no reason to take them out sooner. If you are having an unhealthy pregnancy they will intervene. Pray you make it to 39 weeks. It's much better if you do.

I went 38w3d and they induced me because Ryan's fluid was too low and my ultrasound was wonky. They thought the babies were IUGR (they weren't). Otherwise my actual induction wasn't supposed to be for another week. 

• Options

there's really nothing you can do. My hospital's policy is 38w for twins- but no earlier. I made it without a problem.... i didn't expect to!

There's always a greater chance you wont' make it to 38w even... so i wouldn't stress so much about it- since it's beyond your control. 

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think I'd think twice if DS wasn't IUGR and born at home @ 38 weeks because I went into labor and "didn't sound in pain" to my OB :) Obviously the new OB is aware of the circumstances and will monitor accordingly. I just hear so many people talking about 37 weeks that I was a bit thrown off. Glad to hear this isn't a crazy policy.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options
    I posted a similar question a few days ago after finding out that my OB will let me go to 38 weeks, which we are going to try for. You never know! 39 weeks would be awesome if you can do it safely!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our policy was 37 weeks but ummmm my water broke at 33w4d after a PERFECT pregnancy with ZERO issues at all.  I still wonder what the heck happened. I had my first DD at 39 weeks after another perfect pregnancy and I know I will never know what happened that made the twins come early but just know that chances are you won't go to 39 weeks......most don't.  I wouldn't be too worried that you will have to go that far but DO pray that you get to 37 weeks at least! ;)  GL sweetie!

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• Options
    My OB had originally said she'd let me go to 39w, but then when we had complications, that changed to 38w. My cerclage is coming out @ 36w, so we'll be lucky if we make it much past that given my cervix is completely shot. Many go naturally before 39 w/twins, so I'd try to to worry too much about it.
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    The practice I was with at first would have delivered me no later than 38w. The OB I switched to said I could potentially go as long as 39w if everything was going smoothly but not longer than that. We ended up scheduling my induction for 37w6d though; the hospital didn't have a policy against it.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    My hospital also wouldn't schedule a C-section before 39 weeks unless I consented to an amnio to check their lung maturity. If we did the amnio and they passed, then we could move it up to 38 weeks. I ended up having an emergency C due to pre-E hours after they did the amnio at 37w5d.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemacchiatto:
    The practice I was with at first would have delivered me no later than 38w. The OB I switched to said I could potentially go as long as 39w if everything was going smoothly but not longer than that. We ended up scheduling my induction for 37w6d though; the hospital didn't have a policy against it.

Basically this. My c-sect. is currently scheduled for 37w5d. 

J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • Options
    My MFM said he wouldn't let me go past 38 weeks. I had them early due to an estimated 2 pound growth discordance and IUGR Baby A. I definitely would have wanted to wait closer to 38 weeks than 37 if possible. Mine were born at 36w5d and one had to go to the NICU.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"