Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Misoprostol? & an intro

Hi ladies. DH and I had our u/s yesterday morning and the RE said there was no HB and the yolk sac was very large with the baby measuring a week behind. He said its usually a sign of bad chromosomal disorders. They having me come back on Thursday for a follow up u/s to confirm everything and get the misoprostol pill.

This morning I had a bit of spotting so I don't know if things will happen on their own. I don't know why I'm so afraid. I guess I just really don't want to see it or have it happen at all.

Can anyone tell me what to expect with the pill? Some people have said it can be pretty brutal. I was/am 7w.

Thanks ladies.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Misoprostol? & an intro

• Options

I finished my 6th (and final pill) today at 12:30pm. I have had minor cramping (no pain meds), a touch of nausea (manageable) and some bleeding.

I wish it would work, but it doesn't look like it will. I've passed some clots (again, for me this has been pain free and manageable) but I am 99% confident that this cannot be everything.

So my experience has been that the pain from the pills is totally fine, but then again, I am not sure that my body really reacted. Maybe my body is just slower to respond, not sure. I keep waiting for major pain or bleeding to kick in, but I don't think it will.

I am very sorry for your loss. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am getting mine tonight. We had the same thing - lost the baby and found out at our ultrasound.

I am getting some pills inserted though, not taking htem orally. No idea what to expect actually I came on here to ask.

I am sending DH to get tylenol, advil, and thick pads. Anything else I might need?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sorry you are here, I unfortunatly cant help you with your question, I get the impression if its going to be painful it will be with or without the help of the drug, but I have nothing to base that onTongue Tied
    14yr old DD, 9yr old DS. BFP Oct 30, missed M/C at 9weeks November 27/11 Lilypie Pregnancy tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    imageFuzzypeaches:

I am getting mine tonight. We had the same thing - lost the baby and found out at our ultrasound.

I am getting some pills inserted though, not taking htem orally. No idea what to expect actually I came on here to ask.

I am sending DH to get tylenol, advil, and thick pads. Anything else I might need?

I have been inordinately thirsty, so lots of fluids. Not sure if the drug makes you thirsty, but it's also important to be hydrated. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss, but hope that being a part of the boards helps you through this.  My experience was a little similar: at my first u/s there was no baby to be found, just an empty sac.  I opted for the D&C as opposed to the Misoprostol, so I can't give you a lot of insight, but I am definitely thinking about and praying for you.
  • Options
    I did not take the pills..but I wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss.  **Hugs**
  • Options

I'm so sorry for your loss (hugs).

I took misoprostol because I had a missed m/c...the baby stopped growing at 6w2d but I didn't start the pills until I was 10w4d on Nov. 17th. I was given a half dose (I originally wanted a D&C) to ripen my cervix but I started cramping and spotting. The cramping was just a bit worse than getting my period but using a heat pad and extra strength advil helped me manage, once I got home. That same night I gushed 3 times through my clothing (and mattress) and passed quite a few large clots. I inserted a full dose of pills on the morning of Nov. 18th and by 4pm I had passed the sac. I continued to bleed/pass clots until about Sun. Nov. 20th. From that point on, I've had days where I only notice blood when I wipe, and days where I still needed to use a pad to catch some light bleeding.

So, from my experience, I didn't think the process was that bad. It wasn't very painful (physically), but it was a bloody mess...some girls on here were traumatized by that (especially seeing the sac).

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions Smile

DD born 3/23/2013; Baby #2 EDD 9/7/2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    The pill was brutal and I ended up with a d&c anyway. 
  • Options
    Hi.  I'm really sorry to see you here.  I just took misoprostal the day after Thanksgiving.  It made me cramp worse than my period, but not unbearable.  A hot shower and hanging out with the heating pad on my belly helped A LOT! I am still bleeding a bit. ( But not too much, just an annoyance at this point.) It was the only thing I could do to be as close to natural as possible and still "get it over with."  I watched lots of silly movies and drank a lot of gatorade to help replace my electrolytes.  Hope this was helpful in any way.  I am sending you healing thoughts.  I am sorry for your loss.
    BFP: 10/3/11 Missed m/c: 11/23/11 D&C 11/29/11 BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"