December 2013 Moms
Options

Britax b ready r stroller frame/lightweight stroller

I'm considering buying the britax b ready at the BRU free ride event next week but I'm wondering if I'd b better to get a stroller frame and then a lightweight stroller in 6 months? Ive Heard the britax is heavy 28.1lb
Any moms out there with experience in either?
Also anyone know if free ride is a once a year offer? Hadn't planned on buying a stroller this early but can't pass up a good deal!
I'm a FTM hoping to have 2nd baby close in age due to my own age. Lol
TIA

Re: Britax b ready r stroller frame/lightweight stroller

• Options

I got the britax b agile with the britax b safe carseat before my daughter was born.  The B agile is lightweight at just 14 lbs. and folds with one hand.  You can buy a conversion kit to have a different carseat click in, or use the britax carseat without a conversion kit.  (Though it also allows infants to lay flat, so you could get away without a carseat too.)

It's the only stroller I've needed so far as it was compatible with the baby bucket seat when I wanted that, it's lightweight enough that I've never wished I had an umbrella stroller, and it is only $185 on amazon.  Of course now that I'm having an unplanned 2 under 2 pregnancy, I'll have to get a double stroller, so that's one way the b ready stroller would be better because it can convert into a double stroller if need be.  That's also probably why it weighs more.

I'd check amazon prices before doing a BRU promotion, because a lot of times their prices are better... the b ready is showing up at $374.31 right now on amazon, and $399.99 on BRU, so not sure what the savings would be during the promotion.  BRU/TRU also price matches.

• Options

Dup post

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really love the baby jogger city select. Not so heavy and really easy to use. I have a 2 yr old as well and it's great because it can be used as a single or double stroller and have infinite positions for baby and toddler.
  • Options
    JoBenJoBen member

I love, love, love my Britax B Ready. I don't think you'll need any other stroller (unless for some reason you want to stash an umbrella stroller in the trunk of your second car, just in case). I'm not a huge person, but I never had a problem lifting the B Ready.

One of the things I love about the B Ready is that when you use it with the car seat, you don't have the stroller seat on at the same time -- so it's really pretty lightweight -- but with the nice ride and easy pushing of a high end stroller!

We've done everything with our B Ready: Car seat, bassinet, stroller seat, rain cover, mosquito/uv cover, beach, airport, unpaved trails, and jogging. I'm super excited for Baby #2 to get here so that I can use it as a double! Oh, the possibilities! 

• Options
    Anyone try the jogger citi mini gt?
  • Options

imageM&H2011:
    I purchased the BReady over the weekend because I want a stroller that will grow with our family and the reputation of Britax products. I plan to purchase the BNimble or the BAgile as well to use during times when a lightweight and smaller stroller would be more practical. The BSafe infant carrier is compatible with the BNimble stroller . Eta: mobile ate my dashes!

The B Safe is also compatible with the B agile... I think it probably works for all britax strollers...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"