June 2012 Moms
Options

What to expect at appointment

I have my second appointment tomorrow with a nurse.  Blood work, weight and Doppler.  What's the Doppler like?  Dressed/undressed?  

Do I need to do my toenails tonight? ;)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What to expect at appointment

• Options
    HAHA! I actually had my appt yesterday and as I took my shoes off I thought "Damnit!! My toenails aren't painted!!" Girls are so silly :)
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options

You get to stay dressed for the doppler.  Just make sure you have on something easy to pull up/down like a shirt and pants - not a dress.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOL! I haven't been to my 2nd appt with the Doppler yet so I can't help sorry - but wanted to let you know that I thought your post was funny.  I stress about my toenails in summer (I always keep my socks on in winter) and whether or not I shaved my legs and because it's that doctor - do I have to make my lady parts nice and neat?? HAHAHA
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I had mine today :)

I had to get completely undressed because I had to have an exam and my annual pap.  I wore pretty dress socks because my toes are hideous right now :).

I got undressed and then they did the doppler for the heartbeat (which they couldn't find so I got an ultrasound too!).  Then, they did the exam and the pap and she talked to me for a little while, answering my questions.  Then I had the ultrasound to confirm that everything was ok.  I then had blood work done.

TTC since April 2009 ~ Unexplained IF 3 IUI's later....EDD 6.28.12 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagedogsfornow:

I have my second appointment tomorrow with a nurse.  Blood work, weight and Doppler.  What's the Doppler like?  Dressed/undressed?  

Do I need to do my toenails tonight? ;)

My revision to this question would be "Do I have to shave my legs for this?"Embarrassed

Crash Bandit
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When I had mine they just has me pull my pants down some when they were trying to do the doppler... don't freak out if you don't get to hear the heart beat yet, my baby refuses to let us hear it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

LOL I am so glad I'm not the only one that thinks this! I always do my toe nails and shave my legs and then.. there are the lady bits...

Do I trim so I'm nice and neat? Or will the doctor then think it's weird that I trimmed just for the doctor? Well, how does he know it's just for him? But if I'm not nice and neat, won't he think, "wow this girl needs some lawn care"?

I struggled more with "whether the doctor will think it's weird or not" when I was having Brazilian waxes done regularly. :x 

• Options
    My office does a PAP at 12w if you need it. If it has been a while since your last you will have to get undressed. Otherwise you're fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Depends on if you have had a pap recently or not.  For me, the second appt. was a stay dressed appt.  You will just have to pull down your bottoms a bit when they do the doppler and feel around.
  • Options

At my first appt (8w) my dr. said I'd stay dressed until 36ish weeks.  I did shave and do my toenails (horribly but they were painted) for my 8w appt and ultrasound!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"