Detroit Babies
Options

Portrait Innovations question

Has anyone use Portrait Innovations for kids pictures?  I was going to use them for Nicoles 1 year old pics and their 9.95 special looked awesome but when i called, they wouldn't give me a price of the CD, I have no use for hard copy pics.

If you got a CD with pics, how much did it cost?  Also, did you think they were patient enough with small kids who require more time to settle down, etc.? 

imageNicole Hanna 11-23-2010
Birthday

Re: Portrait Innovations question

• Options

I could be wrong, but I thought I heard the cd was about $30.  I usually buy a package and the cd is included, so I've never bought only the cd.  The cd has all the images, but the ones you can see are low res (the high res images are locked so you can't view them).  The images you can see are hit and miss.  Some of the pictures you can print yourself and they look great.  Some of the images (especially the ones with the white background) have an odd shadowing to them.  If you're looking for only digital images, then Portrait Innovations isn't the place to go.

I'm not sure where the pp got that the smallest package is $130.  I've never spent that much.  The prices really vary depending on how many poses you want.

The photographers are usually pretty patient- I've never had a problem.  The thing is, this is a really bad time of year with Christmas coming up.  If you decide to go, I'd try to get the very first appointment of the day.  We did DS2's baptism pictures around this time last year and we got one of the first appointments of the day.  It worked out really well, but by the time we left it was already crowded.  You get large groups doing family pictures and the place is quite literally a zoo and they constantly run behind.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekenleysmommy081010:

Yes - that is what they offered us- for two poses with a disc. ( at the time)-Approximatly $130. Things could have changed we have not been there since and this was over a year ago.  

Someone was trying to scam you with that deal!  I've been using PI for 3 years now (hit and miss) and their prices haven't really changed much.  At $130, you should have had far more than just 2 poses.  Usually the package I end up getting is around $100 and I believe that's for 6 poses and the cd. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I dislike PI. They super-duper overbook their appointments. When I went, we booked the "second" appointment of the day and there were already two families taking pictures and two more in the waiting room. And this was in July...not holiday season.

• Options
    Im surprised how many people have had bad experiences with them.  Im taking the boys there tomorrow.  I've always had fantastic results.   Im always going at this time of the year for both christmas and birthday pictures. and Yeah its super busy, but its not that bad.  I usually spend around 120, and get 5 or 6 poses (and 3 sheets of each pose) and the cd.  for the amount of money and how many prints you get, I've always thought it was a good deal.  Im not about to spend 300+ on the more expensive photographers.  and I've had no problem printing the pictures off somewhere else.  I actually got them printed at Costco, and they looked fantastic.

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    Yes- I believe so! lol ... She did not seem to really know what she was doing so perhaps maybe she was giving me the wrong price. But I just remember my husband and I looking at each other saying $130 for these? Are you kidding me! lol 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"