Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Membrane stripping questions

Okay ladies- who has had this done? If I don't give birth before Wednesday my OB is going to strip my membranes, hopefully jump starting this process. They are talking about inducing me this coming weekend and I'm doing anything and everything I can to avoid a medical induction. Anyone know how effective it is? I know it can be painful but is there anything else I need to know to prepare myself?
After two losses, a rainbow arrived! DD born 11.5.11
Dx with severe Asherman's syndrome after a botched PP D&C (pursuing med mal)
Hysteroscopy Oct '13, not enough progress 
Hysteroscopy Jan '14, given an end-of-the-road diagnosis
Joined International Asherman's Association April '14 
Not ready to give up yet.
Hysteroscopy with Dr. Isaacson (an expert in the USA) 6.2.14: Good prognosis, at least 50% of cavity open.
Repeat hysteroscopy scheduled with Dr. I on 6.16.14. Great progress. Unbenched!!!!
Discussing actively TTC with DH after the heartache of the last year. We're both reeling.

Please, please, please. 

Re: Membrane stripping questions

• Options
    I didn't find it to be terribly painful, just a little uncomfortable.  My doctor recommended taking 2 Tylenol before the appointment, not sure if that helped any.  It, unfortunately, didn't do very much for me with either pregnancy but I don't seem to like to go into labor on my own :)  Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had it done twice with DD.  The first time it didn't do anything. The second time I started having contractions right after. Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had it done 2x with DS, both very uncomfortable, slightly painful for me, and neither worked.  It just caused some bleeding, but no progress.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"