Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Ever taken LO to Dr. just because they were uber fussy?

Brody has been a monster the past few days.  He is sleeping terrible and crying a good majority of the day.  Yesterday he was having a screaming crying fit and nothing I did would calm him down.  Not even nursing, and that ALWAYS works for us! That has never happened before.  He doesnt have a fever or anything, but is just super super fussy and not his normal self.  Would you or have you taken LO to the Dr.'s just because they are super fussy/unhappy?

Steph - mama to Owen Patrick 2/20/02, Ryder Jacob 11/3/05 and Brody Ryan 7/14/2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ever taken LO to Dr. just because they were uber fussy?

• Options
    I would, mostly just to have them check his ears.  Ear infections are hard because when they are this age they can't really grab at their ears.  So, there is no way to know.  Plus, they don't often have a fever with them.  
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

imagekatie4253:
    I would, mostly just to have them check his ears.  Ear infections are hard because when they are this age they can't really grab at their ears.  So, there is no way to know.  Plus, they don't often have a fever with them.  

this - I take her in for everything though. 

image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes.  Doc said they even have a diagnosis for insurance called "fussy baby" when they can't really pinpoint anything that is wrong.  I felt better since it seems I'm not the only parent and FTM to bring their LO to the doc for fussy behavior.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Two weeks ago, I did just to make sure everything was ok. We had two nights of getting up every 30-45 mns all.night.long. I wanted to confirm he was ok and just having a rough few days for some weird reason and not an ear infection. You can always call the nurse @ your pedis office tomsee if they feel your LO should be seen.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think that you know your baby better than anyone. If you think something is wrong, bring him in! If you think he's just more fussy than usual, I wouldn't say you *need* to bring him in. There's something to be said for your own peace of mind, too, though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"