12 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Welcome to Week 12!

Welcome to Week 12 of your pregnancy! Chat with other Week 12 Bumpies here.

Re: Welcome to Week 12!

• Options
    12 Weeks today :) And our first! Very excited
  • Options
    I need someone to tell me when will all of the morning sickness end.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It typically lasts up to 14 weeks but some women experience it throughout their whole pregnancy. Just be happy that you have morning sickness to confirm that everything is moving along like it's supposed to. I wish I had morning sickness so I don't have to keep worrying that everything is ok. Congrats!!
  • Options
    Only a few more days until officially being the second trimester!!
  • Options

imageGeorgia Craft:
    Only a few more days until officially being the second trimester!!

Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a GIRL!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The suggestions for this week mention talking to employers about maturnity leave. Does anyone know about California's policies?
  • Options
    12 weeks today for me too! We're so excited. This is our first! It feels great to have made ti to this mark.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    12 weeks, 2 days today!  I had my Nuchal Lucency screening today and it looks really good!  I also got some great US pictures from it.  This is my first and I am thrilled!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have heard 14 weeks ... I have also heard 12.  I have to say that while I feel better at 12 than I have, I am still nauseous.  I am with you on hoping the sickness ends soon.  Second trimester is supposed to be sunnier for us!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    12w3d today! almost out of 1st trimester! yay
  • Options
    This is my first pregnancy nd i am 12 weeks and to top it off im pregnant with TWINS!!!!..im just getting over my morning sickness so im very happy...i just cant wait to find out what they are yet im really hoping for 1 of each..i never knew that picking out names would b so hard. :) i kno what im looking for but jus havent found it yet
  • Options

I know exactly how you feel.  I have just recently stop vomiting and i am 12 weeks and three days i still vomit with certain things and some still make me feel icky so there is light at the end of the tunnel just be strong and know that is worth it and will soon be over :-) I tried a number of things while sick try some ginger tea and the sea bands it somewhat worked for me as much of nothing did.

• Options
    They say around 16-18 weeks hormones balance off and hopefully you should be good. Mine finally ended a couple weeks ago. I was using these ugly magnetic braclets, only because I was miserable and my friend had them. I was amazed at how much they worked. Good Luck, I totally know how you feel!
  • Options

Hi All,

Sorry this is my first time posting and I didnt know how to comment without replying to the person in front of me. 

I am 12 weeks today and this is my first!!  We were told about 2 months before we got pregnant that we would have difficulty conceiving since i was diagnosed with poly cystic ovarian syndrome. We were shocked and excited that it happened so quickly.  I cant really complain about morning sickness, if i think about food too much i feel a little queazy but i cant really complain too much.  I have recently started to get really dizzy tho.  Is this normal?   Mostly when i stand up too fast (which ive has even before preggo) but i feel like its happening more often and lasting much longer.  Does anyone have this problem. 

Congrats to all you ladies!

• Options
    I've read that that's totally normal heading into the second trimester. Happens to me sometimes, too.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Me as well, and excited too!!! Health and happiness to your family.
  • Options
    I just hit week 12 today and have felt great the last three days. I hope it stays. I think my worst days are behind me. I hope you ladies don't have to wait until week 16 to get satisfaction. Congrats to you all! This is our first and we're super excited!!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

OMG, right there with you - it's awful!  I threw up AGAIN this morning!

• Options

My skin has always been great.  The hormones, however, have made my skin FREAK OUT!  For the first time in my life I have acne in 4 different patches on my back.  Has anyone else been having this problem the last few weeks?  If so, are you trying anything that is working?  I would guess anything from a dermatologist is dangerous to the baby.  So what now??  If my hormones don't straighten out soon and end this mess, it's going to be a very sad (for my back and face at least) next 6 months.

*I'm extremely excited though!  Congrats to everyone!

• Options
    do you consider yourself 12 weeks from the day your 12th week begins? Just wondering because that's what I have been doing but others told me I was wrong.
  • Options
    I have been having acne issues as well and you can't really do much of anything about it.  I have read that you can't use anything with Benzol Peroxide or Salcylic Acid (one of the two is in anything you buy to treat acne).  I did find that using a brush to wash my face has helped a lot but it still doesn't make it go away completely.
  • Options
    I just wanted to say hello. I am 12 weeks and 5 days with my first. So excited to welcome this blessing into our lives. Hope to get some great advice from you ladies!
  • Options
    Congrats....really exciting news...how did you find out so soon about having twins?  I'm 12 weeks and a couple of days.  My doctor told me that I've been measuring large and I'm scheduled to have an ultrasound on Thursday....wondering if its twins....
  • Options
    Hello, I have been having the same problem and it seems that no one has the answer.  I am officially 12 weeks and 0 days today.  I think that means that tomorrow when I am 12 weeks and 1 day that I am now in my 13th week and should be reading info about week 13.  I am not actually 13 weeks at that point, but would be interested in information about 13th week of pregnancy???  I have searched the web and can't find anything to indicate this.   I can't find any information on any baby site to indicate how they send you updates either.  You would think I would know by now, I am having my 6th child.
  • Options
    My morning sickness ended about 5 days ago, and it was a rough 7 weeks of nausea and dry-heaving.... I am 12 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Ginger ale, toast, and sipping on orange juice or lemonade were my saving graces! Good luck to you!
  • Options

Good day ladies,

I am at 12 weeks and two days today!  We had our IPS testing yesterday, (ultrasound) he was sleeping at first and then woke him/her up.  He/she started doing summer salts, wave and sucking it's thumb!!  His/Her Heart beat was at 169 beat a minute so that was very strong for 12 weeks.

Very happy right now!  Keeping positive....and as for the symptoms; well just got to deal with it as they come, not easy but that means good news, trying to look at it on a positive note!  Good luck to all and congratulations!

Tanya Long
  • Options
    I am twelve weeks 5 days!  I just had the IPS testing done yesterday!  It was so reassuring to see the baby moving around and sucking its thumb!  My symptoms have gotten better but really I don't mind having them because it kind of reassures me that everything is going ok! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Today Im exactly 12 weeks! Im so excited because the baby got tested for Downs and Spina Bifina, but while the tech was doing the sono, she asked me to cough a few times to get the baby to move...and did it movee! It was dancing around and spinning! It was too cute. Not only that, but the sono was very clear and the baby's facial features are more defined. Im so happy! I even got to have it recorded on a DVD! :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I think the sono's are amazing now!  It was so cool to see the  baby's little profile and sucking on thumbs!  AWESOME!!!  I was also given the dvd !  It was great to show my daughter after I got home from the appointment!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Had my ultrasound yesterday when they measure the neck radius for possible genetic defects . Looked good...the tech was poking my belly and making the little guy/girl move around and kick its feet. More genetic testing and then we need to decide if the possible benefits of the amnio would outweigh the risks (esp since I', 42 and this is my first). Nerve-racking for sure but exciting too. And I've been lucky to not have any of the negative trimester symptoms....just caught a bad cold and had fever for 2 days and now a persistent cough. Glad to not go through morning sickness or bad mood swings or any of that...just some skin breakouts and tender breasts but hopefully that means they're growing :)

With the end of the first trimester I feel better already ..my skin is even clearing up so Yay!

Onward to the second trimester.........

• Options
    I am 12 weeks today on Christmas! This is my first pregnancy and have so many mixed feelings. My husband and I planned this baby and we are thrilled, but I can't help feel scared, nervous and anxious. I have been having nightmares that  won't be able to handle it all. We also have a bulldog puppy who has a lot of energy and craves my attention all the time. Other than that, I have to say that I love the attention from family and friends and even my husband. :-) 
  • Options

I just hit 12 weeks today.  I love Wednesdays!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats on being able to concieve!!! Dizziness can be very normal. I have been getting dizzy from day one and have even fainted quite a bit. Most recently at work (how embarassing). My doctor said that it can be normal and sometimes keeping your self hydrated well will help. Even though it is hard to eat it's important to take in as much fluids as possibe.
  • Options
    hi there Kathleen, I faithfully post my new week on facebook with the appropriate fruit for that week, Today I went to post week 12 on face book but the fruit still has a picture of a lime instead of a plum like it shows in the article. Is this a glitch perhaps? Thanks
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

They say dizziness is super common. I think it had to do with changes in your oxygen and blood levels - because we need more of both to get to baby it's easier to get light headed, especially when you change positions quickly (sitting up or standing up quickly). 

• Options
    I am 12 weeks as of yesterday and this is my first child.  We are soo excited. Is it normal to not have symptoms as strong as I thought I would at this time? I have had mild cases, and go to the doctor tomorrow to make sure everything is going well, but because I can not feel any kicking, I get worried. I am happy to not be as sick as I thought I would, but sometimes I get nervous. This is all very new to me! I notice I have lost weight, but still am starting to show my belly. Is this all normal? I know it can be different for everyone.
  • Options
    Count your blessings. I have been so nauseous and puking for the last 6 weeks. I'm 12 weeks today. It's been awful. I cry all the time I guess from the hormones and feeling so sick. It even wakes me up. Last night I got up at 1am to puke. I wish I didn't have these symptoms and could enjoy the fact that this is my first pregnancy. Everyone reacts differently to the hormones- you are probably just one of the lucky ones!
  • Options
    This is the first day of week 12 with our first child and we are so excited. We are going for an ultrasound on tuesday and cant wait to see him/her swimming around. I have been lucky to not have had any ms so I'm hoping the second trimester treats me well too.
  • Options

Hi! This is my first time too. I enter 12 weeks tomarrow. I'm not one for posting on boards but your comment caught my eye. I suffer from pcos as well. I was told the same thing a very long time ago, and after an infection I got as a result of a cyst bursting. I really thought I wasn't going to be able to have any babies, because I wasn't on any birth control for 2 years and nothing!! I'm glad to say, I'm happily pregnant now.

I too don't suffer from much morning sicknesss, Thank God!!! I hate feeling like that as I'm very sensitive to motion sickness. But I have heard and been told that dizziness is normal in the 2nd trimester and I'm starting to feel it myself..

Well Congrats to everyone, this is so exciting!! 

• Options
    I just wanted to say hello. I am 12 weeks and 5 days with my first. So excited to welcome this blessing into our lives. Hope to get some great advice from you ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"