May 2011 Moms
Options

Leaving LO overnight for the first time :(

We are going to Cedar Point on our annual trip (missed it last year when I was pregnant) and I am leaving DS with my mom for the night. My mom is the only person I trust with him, but OMG! I don't know how I am going to make it through the night. I am going to miss him sooooo much! I cried last night when I packed his bag. I hope I don't cry the whole time we are gone.

Sunday we have a 3 hour drive to visit DH's family for thanksgiving and then a 3 hour drive home the same day. I hope LO sleeps in the car! He has never been in the car for that long. I am thinking we will have to stop a few times to get him out of the carseat. Thank goodness that my family is in town for Monday thanksgiving dinner. Yay for 2 turkey dinners :) But it is going to be a busy weekend!

DS1 Born Apr 29 2011

DS2 Born Nov 5 2013

Pregnant with #3 Dec 24 2014, MMC found at 10w, D&C Feb 10th 2015

Cautious BFP May 25th 2015 EDD Feb 6 2016

Re: Leaving LO overnight for the first time :(

• Options

I love Cedar Point!!  We didn't go this year or last, but will next year.

And don't worry, you trust your Mom so just have fun! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I dread this, but DH will be with them. I have a conference mid-November and will be gone 2 days.
    imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You made me tear up reading that you cried packing his bag! Can you bring one of LO's items with you? maybe a worn onesie? Have fun!
  • Options
    Good luck! It will be tough but you can do it. The first time we left Michael overnight with my sister in law who lives 20 minutes from us, I felt like I was physically missing a piece of me. I kept looking over my shoulder in the backseat expecting him to be there. We ended up having a good and much needed time alone together and you will too!
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I've left Silas overnight with my aunt 3 times. I don't like leaving him overnight at all. I miss him way too much.

I find it was easier if you have the person watching LO text you pictures throughout the night :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i feel like a crappy mom. jack spends the night at grandma and grandpas at least 4 times a month. they love having him there and he spends the day there when im at work anyway so he is comfortable there. i miss him like hell when hes gone but i sure love the sleep i get.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"