Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

In need of advice PLEASE

Hi Everyone,

I'm kind of in freak out mode right now. I have a very consistent, but short 25 day cycle. This month my OPK said I ovulated on Sunday September 18th. AF should have arrived this past Monday, but nothing. Over the last few days I've had a teeny tiny bit of spotting (like 2 small spots a day). I'm assuming this is IB. I've been breaking out which is not very common for me at all. I've had no other symptoms. So right now I am 13dpo and 5 days past my expected period. I've taken several HPTs and all have come back negative. I'm super nervous and everything I read online and on the TTC boards says it's almost impossible to conceive when your luteal phase is less than 10 days (mine is 9 days).

Is it possible to miss your period for this long, yet possibly NOT be pregnant? I'm so worried that everything I read is correct and the implantation won't take place successfully. Yet, my gut is telling me I'm pregnant and I'm so freaked out that I'm wrong!

Any advice or thoughts on this? I'd appreciate any words of wisdom. I'm very new to all of this and just trying to educate myself. Thanks so much!

Re: In need of advice PLEASE

• Options
    imagemebride0711:

Hi Everyone,

I'm kind of in freak out mode right now. I have a very consistent, but short 25 day cycle. This month my OPK said I ovulated on Sunday September 18th. AF should have arrived this past Monday, but nothing. Over the last few days I've had a teeny tiny bit of spotting (like 2 small spots a day). I'm assuming this is IB. I've been breaking out which is not very common for me at all. I've had no other symptoms. So right now I am 13dpo and 5 days past my expected period. I've taken several HPTs and all have come back negative. I'm super nervous and everything I read online and on the TTC boards says it's almost impossible to conceive when your luteal phase is less than 10 days (mine is 9 days).

Is it possible to miss your period for this long, yet possibly NOT be pregnant? I'm so worried that everything I read is correct and the implantation won't take place successfully. Yet, my gut is telling me I'm pregnant and I'm so freaked out that I'm wrong!

Any advice or thoughts on this? I'd appreciate any words of wisdom. I'm very new to all of this and just trying to educate myself. Thanks so much!

Yes.  Test once a week and once you reach CD60, call your doctor.

MFI, Lap on 7/21/11 - Stage III/IV Endo and Polyps removed by D&C
    IVF #1 with ICSI - ER 1/20 (16R, 12M, 10F), ET 1/23 (1-10 cell and 1-8cell transferred), BFP on 1/31 Beta #1 on 2/3 = 68, Beta #2 on 2/6 = 261 EDD 10/12/12  
    Baby girl born 9/22/12

FET #1 - 9/16/13 - BFN

IVF #2 - ER 11/11/13 (24R, 18M, 16F), ET 11/16 (2 Grade A blasts)
    BFP on 11/23 Beta #1 = 76 EDD 8/2/14

• Options

Do you chart?  Just because you got a +OPK doesnt mean you O'd.  If you did O you dont know when it happened.  Keep testing one a week like PP said. 

GL!

TTC since June 2011
    SA - Normal CD3 Bloodwork - Normal HSG- All clear!
    July 2012 50mg Clomid CD3-7 Trigger+TI = BFN
    August 2012 50mg Clomid CD3-7 Trigger+IUI = BFN
    September 2012 50mg Clomid CD3-7 Trigger+IUI = BFN
    October 4th LAP - Mild Endo - All Removed
    Treatment Break 3 cycles = BFN
    1st Treatment Cycle Post Lap --
    February 2013 50mg Clomid CD3-7 Trigger+IUI = BFN
    March 2013 50mg Clomid CD3-7 Trigger+IUI = BFN
    April 2013 Break Cycle ~~~ May 2013 Meet with RE discuss next steps
    July 2013 IVF ~ Stims start 6/28

ER 7/10 20R/14M/14F
    Day 3 - 10 Embryos
    ET 7/15 Transferred 1 Blast on day 5 - Froze 6
    7/24 Beta 1 150 7/26 Beta 2 313 7/30 Beta 3 1,084 Beta 4 3,000 Beta 5 8,120 1st U/S 8/8 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Even people with really regular cycles can ovulate late which would throw off the date that you would expect your period.  Unless you chart, you can't know for sure that you are 13DPO.

So, to answer your question...YES it is very possible to miss your period by a few days and NOT be pregnant, especially when multiple HTPs are telling you that you are not pregnant.

DX: Anovulation
    TX: IUI #1-4 = BFN + 1 c/p
    IUI #5: Clomid 100mg + Bravelle + Trigger + B2B IUIs + 800mg Progesterone = BFP!
    Beta #1 (14dpiui): 460 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 998 Beta #3 (23dpiui): 21,832 Beta #4 (29dpiui): 129,771

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"