Military Families
Options

No appointment until 11 weeks?

I just went in yesterday for my first Dr.?s visit, which was really just the orientation with a nurse. They gave me paperwork, some pamphlets, and sent me for a urine sample and blood work. My first actual appointment with my midwife is a month from now at 11 ? weeks! Is this normal? I feel like I?m not getting any kind of medical care at all.

Re: No appointment until 11 weeks?

• Options
    I went to a Naval Hospital last PG and it was much the same :) I went in about 6-8 weeks for orientation and P test. I did'nt have my 1st appt  until I was 12 or 13 weeks,  so I did'nt know I was PG with twins until then lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a civilian Dr and didn't have my first appt until 11 weeks either. I had to have my blood test done and OB orientation on base and wait until I got my referral from TriCare.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, it's normal. In the first tri, they can't really do anything if there is an issue anyways.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I didnt get seen till I was 12 weeks and I havent been seen since. I will be seen again Oct.14th and I will be a day before I am 18 weeks :(

I dont know if its a military  thing or what but I hate it am Im paranoid as to whats going on with my baby.

This is number 2 for us and I dont feel sick or anything like I did with little man. SO I am always paranoid about something.

• Options
    Yep it's completely normal. I didn't have one until 11 weeks either and that was the first ultrasound and then I only had one other ultrasound after that when we found out the gender. Tricare only pays for ultrasounds for when you really need them so even though you may want to see the doctor and your baby a lot, it's a good thing if you only have appointments once a month (at least for the majority of your pregnancy) It means they don't have any real concerns and you and baby are healthy :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Guess I?m just freaking out a little because I don?t have any previous experience to base my pregnancy on.
  • Options
    imageColBas02:

I didnt get seen till I was 12 weeks and I havent been seen since. I will be seen again Oct.14th and I will be a day before I am 18 weeks :(

I dont know if its a military  thing or what but I hate it am Im paranoid as to whats going on with my baby.

This is number 2 for us and I dont feel sick or anything like I did with little man. SO I am always paranoid about something.

No, it's not.  For a singleton pregnancy, the first appt is usually somewhere between 8-12 weeks, then every 4-6 weeks after that to start.  As you get closer to the end, you'll be seen more.  It's a bit different for multiples, but it starts the same.

• Options
    I had the same thing happen. My first "appointment" wasn't even that good. They made me take a nutrition class. I guess the base I'm on is imfamous for underage pregnancies, so they make us all go through it. By the time I had a real appointment I was almost 16 weeks.
  • Options
    I think this is pretty standard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"