It's all so very clear now — The Bump
Postpartum Depression

It's all so very clear now

For the last 3 months 3 weeks and 3 days I just haven't felt right. Even the day DD was born I felt absolutely no connection to her. I blamed it on the epidural. The three weeks that followed it still didn't feel like she was mine. I blamed it on baby blues. Now I don't want to take care of her. I hardly hold her I usually have her in the swing or on the floor. When I do hold her I usually give her DH and find something to occupy myself. I worry constantly about her though. I'm always afraid that I'm going to wake up and she won't be breathing. I'm constantly angry at DH. I blamed that on AF returning and my hormones get back to normal. I pick fights with him then proceed to cry for 2 hours after fighting because I don't want to fight I just can't not be angry with him. I constantly beat myself up and feel like I failed DD because I stopped EBF at 1 month just because I wore me out. But right now everything is so very clear. Something is truly wrong with me and I need to stop ignoring it. 
image Daisypath Anniversary tickers magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers Met my soulmate 3/18/2006, married him 9/26/2009 Baby L 11/06 Natural M/C Baby L 2.0 9/08 Natural M/C Lily 6/2/11 6 lbs 12oz

Re: It's all so very clear now

• Your post made me cry. I had PPD right after my DD was born. I recognized it soon with the help of my mom and got on medication right away. It took weeks for me to even fell a little better. I was really bad and couldn't even leave the house. i couldn't believe it happened to me because i had wanted a child for as long as I can remember. My DH didn't understand. I would cry and cry and ask my mom if I could just give her back. I felt like her real mom would be there to pick her up soon. I just wanted to go back and not have a baby. But I also did what you did and worried all the time about her. I remember I asked my mom what the benefits of having a child were...she just started to cry because she knew how sad I was. I am much better now. i do still need to take my medication and I do still have some bad days but now I can't wait to get off work and see my DD. The thing that helped me the most, besides the meds, was Brook Shields book. i read it and it was me exactly. It was nice to know that someone had it as bad as me and got through it.image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards