May 2011 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    As a business owner I think it's crappy when someone take paid maternity leave just to quit after. It really hurts companies and makes it less likely that the same benefits will be available to other women in the future for said company.
  • Options

imagebcnoelle:
    As a business owner I think it's crappy when someone take paid maternity leave just to quit after. It really hurts companies and makes it less likely that the same benefits will be available to other women in the future for said company.

YesYes

As an HR Professional, I totally agree. It causes companies to tighten up their policies, and not in a good way. 

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebcnoelle:

I agree as well. I can't blame the women who want to do it but I think it's unprofessional.
    No offense Pook. I still heart you.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    imagemeimsx:

imagebcnoelle:

I agree as well. I can't blame the women who want to do it but I think it's unprofessional.

Pook didn't do this. She went back to work and resigned. My problem is with the women who pretend they are coming back so they can use the benefits given by the employer but then never return. 

Since women kept doing this, our employer now requires a 30 day return to work or else they owe our company any money paid to them, including insurance premiums. It sucks for those who legitimately can't come back (for example, if their child has a medical problem). 

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageeveram01:
    imagemeimsx:

imagebcnoelle:

Pook didn't do this. She went back to work and resigned. My problem is with the women who pretend they are coming back so they can use the benefits given by the employer but then never return. 

Since women kept doing this, our employer now requires a 30 day return to work or else they owe our company any money paid to them, including insurance premiums. It sucks for those who legitimately can't come back (for example, if their child has a medical problem). 

I agree Pook didn't end up doing this but she was going to and was very upfront about that.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    imagemeimsx:

imagebcnoelle:

No offense taken.  I worked for one of the world's largest companies (BHP Billiton, now that I'm no longer there).  Women there are in no danger of losing any type of benefits because it's a huge corporation - they are a stand up company to work for and they also wouldn't want the bad press. :)  If I had thought it would hurt future working mothers or women I wouldn't have resigned so soon after returning. 

I agree that it was unprofessional on my part...but I had been out for over five months. I had already trained someone else before my leave and had no open projects.  They asked if I wanted my resignation to be immediate or not, I would have stayed up to a month if they needed me to.  I talked over everything with my bosses to make sure I was leaving on good terms.

I knew I wasn't planning on working....but if you had a $35,000 bonus coming your way that you wouldn't get if you left before September, even though it pertained to the work you did before you were on leave....would you be super duper Miss Honesty and tell them in May that you weren't coming back?   Tongue TiedI could not pass that up!

• Options

For the record token is grumpy in all seasons.  I thought she would be nicer once her kid got here. And she was bashing schedules and routines before our LOs were born. But I feel like she gets really annoyed with anyone who gets asked for advice that are on the trains of thought she doesn't agree with.

• Options
    imagepook:
    imagemeimsx:

imagebcnoelle:

No offense taken.  I worked for one of the world's largest companies (BHP Billiton, now that I'm no longer there).  Women there are in no danger of losing any type of benefits because it's a huge corporation - they are a stand up company to work for and they also wouldn't want the bad press. :)  If I had thought it would hurt future working mothers or women I wouldn't have resigned so soon after returning. 

I agree that it was unprofessional on my part...but I had been out for over five months. I had already trained someone else before my leave and had no open projects.  They asked if I wanted my resignation to be immediate or not, I would have stayed up to a month if they needed me to.  I talked over everything with my bosses to make sure I was leaving on good terms.

I knew I wasn't planning on working....but if you had a $35,000 bonus coming your way that you wouldn't get if you left before September, even though it pertained to the work you did before you were on leave....would you be super duper Miss Honesty and tell them in May that you weren't coming back?   Tongue TiedI could not pass that up!

Maybe I should be a CPA

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    imagepandi02a:

imageandigurl:
    I find it comical when someone that presents themselves as an authority on all things pregnancy/natural childbirth/breastfeeding/cloth diapering/non-sleep training/ child rearing/capitalist marketing strategy related gets upset when when someone else gets looked to for advice.  

Yes I also don't listen to natural childbirth advice from people who had anything close to 10 hour labors.  Be in labor for 3 days and then I might be impressed.

Yes I was in labor for 39 hours and didn't get any sort of pain medication for the first 29 of them.  I think that counts way more than a seven hour med-free!! ;)

• Options
    imagemeimsx:
    imagepook:
    imagemeimsx:

imagebcnoelle:

Maybe I should be a CPA

Work in oil and gas.  (It's not that much after taxes.)

• Options
    imagetlxh7:

I have three (so far)

- I cannot stand Oprah.

- It annoys me when people make multiple posts in the same thread saying, "Oh, one more thing...."  You can edit your posts to add that one more thing, it's not hard.

- It also annoys me when people say, "I could care less."  Really?  Good for you.  I couldN'T care less.

I don't say either-- but thinking about it made my brain hurt!    hahahah

DS  Desmond Alexander 6.9.11

DD  Vivienne Elena   12.16.13

? EDD 3/29/2018

• Options

imageandigurl:
    I find it comical when someone that presents themselves as an authority on all things pregnancy/natural childbirth/breastfeeding/cloth diapering/non-sleep training/ child rearing/capitalist marketing strategy related gets upset when when someone else gets looked to for advice.  

well said  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemuddin_lil_sis:
    I have a feeling my opinion is going to be very unpopular. I believe an infant can be spoiled and can/will manipulate you; and understands what you are saying. Case in point-I can feed, change, snuggle, nap, and play with DS for an hour straight. I'll put him down to get something done and he yells at me. Yells, not scream or cry, but yell. I'll pick him up and he looks me straight in the eyes and laughs at me; I put him back down, he yells, I pick him up, he laughs. It's partiularly worse after he has spent a weekend with my parents. They hold him 24/7 and at home, I don't. After he gets back from spending a weekend with them, he is spoiled. He thinks he needs to be held 24/7.  I told him yesterday he had 2 choices when he started yelling at me: sit there and yell, or sit there and play happily. He looked at me, smiled, and started playing. Today, he was fighting his nap, I told him he could stop fighting me and we'd rock/snuggle together or he could keep fighting me and  I'll put him in the swing and he can go to sleep on his own. He kept fighting me so I put him in his swing; 10 mins later  I asked him was he ready to be rocked and snuggle to take his nap. He grinned, I picked him up, we rocked, and he took a nap. Again, I'm sure my opinion is very unpopular, but it's what I believe.

It's unpopular because it's wrong.  And that's not my opinion, that's the conclusion of many scientific studies conducted by experts.  And, after reading the last part in which you tried to reason with a 4 month old, I think you need to get out of your house more.

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    imagekacelle:

imagemuddin_lil_sis:
    I have a feeling my opinion is going to be very unpopular. I believe an infant can be spoiled and can/will manipulate you; and understands what you are saying. Case in point-I can feed, change, snuggle, nap, and play with DS for an hour straight. I'll put him down to get something done and he yells at me. Yells, not scream or cry, but yell. I'll pick him up and he looks me straight in the eyes and laughs at me; I put him back down, he yells, I pick him up, he laughs. It's partiularly worse after he has spent a weekend with my parents. They hold him 24/7 and at home, I don't. After he gets back from spending a weekend with them, he is spoiled. He thinks he needs to be held 24/7.  I told him yesterday he had 2 choices when he started yelling at me: sit there and yell, or sit there and play happily. He looked at me, smiled, and started playing. Today, he was fighting his nap, I told him he could stop fighting me and we'd rock/snuggle together or he could keep fighting me and  I'll put him in the swing and he can go to sleep on his own. He kept fighting me so I put him in his swing; 10 mins later  I asked him was he ready to be rocked and snuggle to take his nap. He grinned, I picked him up, we rocked, and he took a nap. Again, I'm sure my opinion is very unpopular, but it's what I believe.

It's unpopular because it's wrong.  And that's not my opinion, that's the conclusion of many scientific studies conducted by experts.  And, after reading the last part in which you tried to reason with a 4 month old, I think you need to get out of your house more.

Ok, good, somebody said it.  My jaw dropped when I read this thinking that this baby's mother actually thinks that, at 4 months old, it has cognitive ability to manipulate like that.

Babies cry because they have a need that isn't met or because they are uncomfortable. Not because they're asshats. Period. End of story. Yes

Photobucket
  • Options
    imagekacelle:

imagemuddin_lil_sis:

Indifferent  I somehow missed this one on my original read through of this thread. Well said Kacelle.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"