Breastfeeding
Options

Phillips Avent pump

I've been looking at the Phillips Avent pump to possibly use when LO gets here. It gets great reviews online, but it's about $80 cheaper than the others in the store. Is there a reason behind this? Is it really just not as good? Anything you could offer on this product would be great. Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Phillips Avent pump

• Options

I have the Avent pump. I'm not 100% satisfied with it. I have not tried any other pump so I can't compare and I can't say that I would like a different brand any better.

Avent does have this "petal pad" system where the petals sort of massage the breast while pumping. Thats unique to the Avent pump which I thought was pretty cool. You also customize the suction strength and pumping speed with the handle. I also pump straight into the Avent bottles, so no transfering required. Theres no tubing to clean and the motor is pretty quiet.

What I find to be the negatives are that it doesn't have a battery pack so you must have access to an outlet (a car adapter is available separately to pump in the car). I found pumping to be rather uncomfortable, bordering on painful, for the first week I used it. I guess I got used to it, so now its just a bit uncomfortable sometimes, but no longer painful. As I said, I may have had the same problem with another brand, but I don't know.

When I weigh the pros and cons I probably would buy it again

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have the opposite experience to the PP--I tried a Medela pump in the hospital and didn't really like it very much at all.  I came home and used the Avent pump I bought, and I love it.  To be honest, the parts are sometimes finicky and you have to make sure the seal is tight on the diaphragm at top, but it works well for me.  I have an oversupply and only pump 2x a day, and I get about 16 oz from those two sessions alone.

I don't use the soft petal pads, although I did like them a lot.  My breasts are on the large size (42F), so I really need the X-large flanges I bought from Pumpin Pal to use with it. All in all though, it works for me, and I'm happy.

I really do wish it had a car adapter though--they've discontinued it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I love mine! I found mine at a great price on the Avent Outlet website. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageeiriene:

I really do wish it had a car adapter though--they've discontinued it.

https://www.breastpumpdeals.com/avent-isis-duo-car-adapter.html

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I LOVE THE AVENT DUO ISIS IQ PUMP!!! With my first child I used a hospital rented Medela, and honestly now that I own an AVENT, I think I wasted my money. I'm able to pump more in less time and it is extremely quiet. I couldn't decide whether to get Purely Yores Ameda or AVENT. But I finally decided to go with the AVENT. The nice thing is the carrying and cooler bag are included with the pump.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"