1st Trimester
Options

When did you first notice..

Hi ladies! Congrats on your BFP's! I'm still TTC, but I thought I would pop over here and ask a question. How early did you notice symptoms of being pregnant, such as nausea, sore breasts, fatigue, etc, after ovulating? Did you know you were pregnant right away, or not until you took the test? I'm in the 2ww now, so just needed something to think about before I was close enough to test.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When did you first notice..

• Options
    I wondered, but after trying for 13 months I didn't let anything convince me I was pregnant. I actually had completely abnormal symptoms, so that is what made me test. My symptoms: heartburn from coffee & wine...2 things I love and drink daily. I didn't test until 14dpo.
  • Options
    I had sore nipples and AF like cramping a few days before I got my BFP. I was convinced I was out for the month but I just had a feeling that I needed to test... Good luck! I hope you get your BFP soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No symptoms to begin with... Just a bfp!!!
  • Options

I didn't have any symptoms when I tested, I'm just starting to get them now a week later. I tested early though because I needed to start meds as soon as I got my BFP.

Good luck!

TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    With DD i felt great until week 6. Then it seemed like every symptom kicked in. This time around, my hcg levels were higher early on, and all symptoms kicked in sometime early 5 weeks. I waited until I was a few days late to test due to a prior chemical pregnancy. So at the time of testing, no symptoms other than a late period.
  • Options
    Didn't really have symptoms I just felt different. I was afraid it was just side effects from the hcg shots and progesterone. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

My first indication was the lack of spotting. I always used to spot for about 3-4 days before my period came, and that didn't happen like usual. Then, I had a huge spike in my BBT, which caused me to take a test, which came up positive. By the time my period was due, my nipples were tingly and kind of sore, which had never happened to me before. 

I hope you get your BFP soon!  

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Options
    pregnancy and PMS have very similar symptoms. The only symptom that was different for me with Lucas is that I took a nap and woke up and I had leaked. With this one it was heart burn from a pretzel. Heart burn is not a pms symptom for me.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I was extremely tired for about a week before I tested, I was totally knocked out anytime I sat on the couch.  We weren't charting so I don't know how many dpo I was, but I tested about when I thought AF should be there.  I did have AF like cramping so I kept telling H we were out.
  • Options

My symptoms did not start to kick in until I was 6 - 7 weeks pregnant. The only symptoms that I had early on were spotting when the egg implanted and fatigue. However, I did not think anything of those symptoms because I confused  them with my period starting. When my period did not come, I chalked it up to my PCOS. 

After that experience, I believe women when they say they did not know they were pregnant. It is easy to confuse symptoms for something else.  

Lots of baby dust to you! 

*E - 08/29/2013*

• Options
    With all of mine, my first clue was my missed period.  But probably like 4-5 days afterwards I started with an upset stomach (diarrhea, nausea, bloating).  I usually notice that I am super emotional like a week before my expected period.  Though I don't usually know why I am moody.  I start with sore breasts probably a week after my missed period.  Everyone is so different though.  I hope you get to experience this very soon!  Said a prayer for you just now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    my first symptom was extreme (and i mean extreme) hunger (and missed period). I felt like I had a tapeworm.
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Options
    I think I had more "symptoms" every month that I got a bfn than when I got my bfp.  I was honestly shocked and thought I'd be out again that month.  Pregnancy symptoms and PMS symptoms are so similar.  Do yourself a favor and don't test until you've actually missed your period.  Don't stress about the symptoms.  Every month I had sore boobs, nausea and was tired, I was just pms-ing.  GOOD LUCK!!!
  • Options
    I actually had spotting about a week before my period was supposed to start. Which was odd for me. I also had really bad heartburn and my chin broke out. I didn't have sore bb's until I was about 9 weeks. That's when the ms kicked in as well. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    the very first symptom I noticed was at 23 DPO - sore breasts. My HPT kept giving BFN untill 23 DPO too which made me think I o'd late but according to u/s baby is right on track. So don't freak out if you don't get an early BFP.
  • Options
    After trying for well over a year, I was really not optimistic at all. But, I do remember that my boobs really hurt. So much so, that I mentioned to DH maybe thre was something to it... Even though I doubted it. That was it though. No cramping, spotting, etc. Good luck to you!
  • Options

imagebonniew91:
    Hi ladies! Congrats on your BFP's! I'm still TTC, but I thought I would pop over here and ask a question. How early did you notice symptoms of being pregnant, such as nausea, sore breasts, fatigue, etc, after ovulating? Did you know you were pregnant right away, or not until you took the test? I'm in the 2ww now, so just needed something to think about before I was close enough to test.

tried to conceive over 2 years so was really starting to give up hope. Told DH all i wanted was a baby for xmas and thats what i got christmas day! My period was due Dec. 24th. We did the deed on Dec. 6, 8 and 10th.  I was spotting brown from 21st-24th so thought my period was coming. I noticed around the 15th i kept having to pee every 3hours and around the 20th i kept waking up around 2am starving! and also felt really tired. I really didnt think much of it. Holidays stress me out so just thought i was peeing from nerves and tired from running around doing holiday things. So my first symptoms were PEEING, STARVING, TIRED! thought i was getting my period bc of spotting but it was gone xmas day so i took a test and got my BFP!!! yay! i am 12 weeks tomorrow! sending baby dust your way!!

• Options
    More than a week before my expected period, I started getting a lot of PMS-like symptoms (irritability, sore breasts, fatigue, mild cramping). But the one huge difference was that I was constipated, which NEVER happens to me before my period. I was also waaay more tired than the usual PMS -- couldn't-physically-stay-awake tired. I tested a dark positive on a HPT 6 days before my expected period. My partner and I were using protection, so I wouldn't have even thought to take a pregnancy test except for the constipation symptom!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    with my first pregnancy i had period-like cramps, i was actually going to the bathroom with a tampon at the ready- i was THAT sure  it was coming.  i was also very, very tired going to be wayyyy earlier than normal.

• Options

i had pretty much normal pms symptoms. I was trying for 13 months. bfn after bfn i stopped paying attention.  I also have super irregular periods so being late wasnt an indicator either. The day I went to buy a test i woke up with boobs more sore then i've ever felt before. This is a usual symptom of pms for me but this one morning i almost cried they hurt so much.  I kept having this odd muscle tightness in my stomach... not just lower abdomen but all over as if i had done 100 crunches.  I was also very cold all the time which is strange for me. I'm always hot. Being cold wasnt necessarily an indicator of being pg to me. it was just something different that caught my attention.  I took the test and there it was, a nice DARK bfp.I was 6 weeks along.

I still really didnt get too many other symptoms until around 8 weeks ( im 10w 3d now) ....no vomiting, bleeding, implantation bleeding, bleeding gums, none of it. It's funny how many articles and websites I've read in the past about what symptoms I should expect to get and in reality..... i only had the sore boobs and some strange abdominal muscle fatigue! As of now I've had nausea but still no vomiting, moodiness, extreme exhaustion, and dizziness.

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I was exhausted. I was going to be at 7-7:30pm and waking up at 6:30am. I just thought my hectic schedule was to blame or that I wasn't sleeping well.

I got my BFP  11dpo

Best of luck!

• Options
    Acne and an upset stomach for me both times....before my missed period and before a positive test.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagecoraggiosa:

My first indication was the lack of spotting. I always used to spot for about 3-4 days before my period came, and that didn't happen like usual. Then, I had a huge spike in my BBT, which caused me to take a test, which came up positive. By the time my period was due, my nipples were tingly and kind of sore, which had never happened to me before. 

I hope you get your BFP soon!  

I also didn't have the usual spotting 3-4 days before my period.  I had boob pain, worse than with my period, crazy dreams for about a week (never dream), cramps and my nose started running when I ate or drank anything.  

I didn't think anything was related to being pregnant, though.  I had a BFP at 12 DPO. 

TTC since 3/2012 
    Started charting 12/2012 
    BFP 2/10/13 - MC 3/4/13 
    BFP 6/23/13 - CP 6/27/13 
    BFP 12/31/13 EDD 9/11/14  **please be our rainbow baby!**

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options

Typical symptoms before BFP that I had: exhaustion, frequent urination.

Less common but I noticed: very dry skin which I NEVER had before, hot flashes so bad they woke me up 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I ovulated on Boxing day and for a couple days didn't really notice much. By New Years eve I was SO bloated. By the time I went home that night I looked about 5 months pregnant. When I woke up it wasn't so bad but then I noticed I had indigestion....something I've almost never had in my entire life. At 6DPO I started spotting which actually ended up being implantation bleeding and then I had my BFP at 8DPO - I tested because of the indigestion. I knew it was weird. But I started feeling fatigued pretty early on - a couple days before the spotting even. I just thought it was because of all the holiday craziness. I got home and didn't unpack for 2 days - not at all like me. But all I had for quite some time was an increased appetite, sore boobs (Which I never usually had), bloat,  and fatigue. The indigestion didn't last much longer than when I got my BFP. At about halfway through my 5th week I started with the nausea. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input! We have only just started trying, so I would be surprised if I got pregnant this early, but i definitely think having baby on the brain has me noticing every little thing. At most I am about 5 dpo so it is waaaay too early to tell, but some things have got me thinking. Like this morning, I hadn't eaten anything, and ended up staying home from work because I was so exhausted, I couldn't get out of bed. Then I had to run to the bathroom because I thought I was going to be sick. Also have had a ton of bloating and my face is breaking out like crazy. As I said, I'm just reading in to every little thing now. Doesn't stop me from crossing my fingers though! And thanks for all the well wishes!! Much appreciated, and H&H 9 months to you all!! :)
  • Options
    I only symtoms I had were fatigue and really sore breasts/nipples which is usually not PMS symptoms for me but didn't show up until a couple days before I tested anyways. The N/V, bloating and constipation didn't come until about 7 weeks. Good luck and blessings TTC!!
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options

Are you charting?

In the first 2 cycles I read into every body twinge wayyyyy too much and was not pregnant.  And that aside until implantation is complete, its all in your head anyway. 

In the cycle I got pregnant I really had no major symptoms until 15 DPO when my breasts were ever so slightly sore on the sides only.  My first test was 11 DPO and it was negative (cheap dollar store test).  I tested with a FRER on 16 DPO and got a bfp (obviousy positive and still a very faint one on a dollar store test) which I kind of suspected because my temps were still up...but not because of crazy symtpoms like fatigue or nausea, etc. 

The only odd thing I had in the 2 WW was crazy vivid dreams, then I had this one day of a crazy amount of creamy CM, then it completely dried up and was just...different.  Usually before AF it is creamy all the way up to it, but not this time. 

But again really..other than very slightly sore breasts on 15 DPO (which I NEVER get sore breasts during PMS) I would never have known (oh that and my temps). 

And even now at 6 w 1 d pregnant, I still have minorly sore breasts, and very very minor queasiness...so far thank God.  Still waiting for the fatigue and nausea

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options
    I had no idea I was pregnant. My period has always been irregular, but it was one of my coworkers who asked me "Are you pregnant?", when I told her no she was really surprised, and told me to take a test. I took a pregnancy test to prove her wrong (her and I are really good friends so we do this sort of thing lol), and it was positive. Needless to say it was a huge shock. I was so dead determined that I wasn't pregnant, that I completely ignored all of the initial symptoms (ie missing period, sore boobs). I never had morning sickness, and the other symptoms I figured had to do with my irregular cycles, with the sore boobs indicating that my period was on its way.
  • Options
    I did have a dream the other day that someone bought me a $600 unicorn and I was sad to hurt their feelings because I couldn't ride it because I was pregnant. Haha I have crazy dreams all the time though. Some days I wake up and I'm just like "Wha....".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"