D.C. Area Babies
Options

Appropriate gift for teachers when leaving a daycare?

This is DD's last week at the center she's been for almost a year. She's been in the same room the entire time, and we really love the teachers. Is a $20-$25 gift card good? The problem is that there are seven teachers, so whatever we do has to be multiplied by seven.

Thanks for any ideas!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers"

Re: Appropriate gift for teachers when leaving a daycare?

• Options

My LO will be leaving her daycare at the end of the month after a little over a year there. I ended up giving "end of summer" gifts to her current teachers, because they will switch after Labor Day. And while I am appreciative to her new teachers, they will only know her for 3 weeks. This is what I did:

Group gift of a calendar of all the kids from entire class: $8

Group giftcard (Visa) from the entire class: $40 ($10 per teacher)

Individual gift cards to Starbucks to each teacher with a card and picture of my LO: $45 ($15 per teacher)

I wanted to give a bigger individual gift but didn't want to be the only family not participating in the group gifts. So overall, I gave about $27/teacher. I think your amount sounds very fair, especially considering how many you would have to buy.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I found this really cute idea on Pinterest. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Here is the link to the orginal post, bonus: it has the little flags as a printable pdf!

https://lisastorms.typepad.com/lisa-storms/2011/05/teacher-appreciation-week-part-3.html 

My DS is moving classes in his daycare at the end of this week so I did this idea for his 6 teachers in his class.  One lady is his main caregiver so I put a gift card for $30 in  her cup.   I found the cups for the best price at Wegmans for $5.99 a piece. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"