Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

It gets so annoying

Why is it when you are getting married all you hear from some (not all) friends is how your wedding is going to be because their wedding was like that. My friend was constantly telling me to not expect my wedding to be perfect because hers wasn't. Now she caught wind we are TTC (DH told her DH) and all I hear is how my pregnancy will be because that is how hers was. She has told me that I will do nothing but eat, gain 50 lbs, not want to do anything but sleep, and a bunch of other things all because she did.  GRRR.... I have tried to think of a really clever response but all I say is "We'll see". Anyone else have someone like that to deal with? What do you say to them?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled

Re: It gets so annoying

• Options
    She just sounds annoying. 
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    Yeah, it's just human nature for people to do that. Just smile, nod, say, "uh huh, uh huh, yep" and let your eyes glaze over until they're done talking. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejp0129:

Why is it when you are getting married all you hear from some (not all) friends is how your wedding is going to be because their wedding was like that. My friend was constantly telling me to not expect my wedding to be perfect because hers wasn't. Now she caught wind we are TTC (DH told her DH) and all I hear is how my pregnancy will be because that is how hers was. She has told me that I will do nothing but eat, gain 50 lbs, not want to do anything but sleep, and a bunch of other things all because she did.  GRRR.... I have tried to think of a really clever response but all I say is "We'll see". Anyone else have someone like that to deal with? What do you say to them?

My sister is the same way, she does it with my DS too, since her kids did something, DS will too. I told her every pregnancy is different, and I say the same thing about DS (every baby is different).
    Sweet Baby Samson born 11.16.10
    Darling Little Sydney born 12.22.12
    Two Babies in Heaven
    My Babe, More Precious is to Me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

~A ridiculous amount of love to all my Golden Girls!~
  • Options
    The best thing to do is just let it go, honestly. No amount of saying even something non-argumentative like "we'll see" will stop know-it-alls like that from pushing their experience on you. My least favorite is the whole "oh when you're in labor, modesty goes out the window. You'll let anyone see your hooha." Um, no, I won't. Because if I ever get to have a baby, I have a birth plan that includes who will be in my room and when. And yes, I may very well have no choice in letting strangers inspect me (in fact I'm sure it'll happen with nurses) but that doesn't mean I'll be happy or comfortable, careless, or happy about it.
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options

imagemegemoney:
    She just sounds annoying. 

Yes

• Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:
    The best thing to do is just let it go, honestly. No amount of saying even something non-argumentative like "we'll see" will stop know-it-alls like that from pushing their experience on you. My least favorite is the whole "oh when you're in labor, modesty goes out the window. You'll let anyone see your hooha." Um, no, I won't. Because if I ever get to have a baby, I have a birth plan that includes who will be in my room and when. And yes, I may very well have no choice in letting strangers inspect me (in fact I'm sure it'll happen with nurses) but that doesn't mean I'll be happy or comfortable, careless, or happy about it.

Yeah I don't think so either... sorry but I plan to have as much modesty as I can control.

• Options
    yeah, she sounds super annoying!  DH's cousin knows we're ttc and she told us that all we have to do is have sex EOD for a whole month and we'll get pregnant because that's what they did and it worked for them.  Like seriously??  so annoying.

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1 | DD born July 2012
    BFP #2 | EDD 04.18.14 | D&C 10.01.13 @ 11w3d
    BFP #3 | EDD 09.15.14
  • Options

imagebrookelynpaisley:

Yep.  My H, the doctor and nurse(s).  No one else needs to be in the room with me.  Oh, and H will be up holding my hand, not with video camera filming the birth.  We have already agreed on that... not that he wanted to.  He has no intention of walking anywhere past my waist.  

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
  • Options
    imageLM915:
    yeah, she sounds super annoying!  DH's cousin knows we're ttc and she told us that all we have to do is have sex EOD for a whole month and we'll get pregnant because that's what they did and it worked for them.  Like seriously??  so annoying.
    My sister said the same thing. She also said that it took her SO long to get KU with DC #1 (4 months) and then it was the first try for all her other kids, so it'll be a lot easier the second time trying. She's so ignorant and stubborn about so many things and you can't tell her otherwise.
    Sweet Baby Samson born 11.16.10
    Darling Little Sydney born 12.22.12
    Two Babies in Heaven
    My Babe, More Precious is to Me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

~A ridiculous amount of love to all my Golden Girls!~
  • Options

imagemrsz2008:
    imageLM915:
    My sister said the same thing. She also said that it took her SO long to get KU with DC #1 (4 months) and then it was the first try for all her other kids, so it'll be a lot easier the second time trying. She's so ignorant and stubborn about so many things and you can't tell her otherwise.

My SIL is a really smart woman, and she said to me the other week, that you O in the middle of your cycle. lol I had to explain to her that for people with normal/average length cycles that happens to be true, but doesn't actually work like that.

My friend, who I adore, said to me, we had sex every day from the time my period ended to the time is should have started and I took a test and it was +. She's now 8 weeks along. I wish it was that easy, and wow exhausting. Could you imagine? I'm on CD 70!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejp0129:

It sounds like one of two things. Either 

a) she's a know it all (or wants to be a know it all)

or 

b) she wants to give you advice and has no idea how to do it

Either way, it doesn't seem that she will stop doing so. You could probably tell her politely that things may or may not be the same because, as you said, every pregnancy and baby is different. But it doesn't sound like she'd take it. You may just have to glaze over and put yourself in your happy place. 

• Options

My DH has told me to just zone her out like I do him Big Smile

• Options
    Gaining 50lbs is not suppose to happen so maybe all of that eating and sleeping caught up with her.
  • Options
    imagejp0129:

imagebrookelynpaisley:

Yeah I don't think so either... sorry but I plan to have as much modesty as I can control.

I actually kind of agree with her friend. I had so many nurses, a med student, and my doctor down there that I pretty much stopped caring. However, I wouldn't exactly invite people to check my vagina out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"