April 2012 Moms
Options

A poll about the SOs

2»

Re: A poll about the SOs

• Options
    imageChristina_Diane:

We have lots of GTKY posts, but let's do one about our SOs. 

1. What is your relationship with SO (married, engaged, boyfriend/girlfriend, it's complicated, etc)? married

2. How long have you been together? 10 years as of 9/9 and married for 7 yrs as of 8/15

3. What does he do for a living? sales

4. What was his reaction to your BFP? cautiously optomistic

5. What has he been doing around the house to help with the pregnancy? he's been great with keeping the kids busy and out of my hair when I don't feel good

6. Will he be able to take paternity leave? He usually takes off when I'm in the hospital and a couple days after I get home

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options

1. What is your relationship with SO (married, engaged, boyfriend/girlfriend, it's complicated, etc)? Husband

2. How long have you been together? Together 5  years, married 3 years

3. What does he do for a living? Drafter

4. What was his reaction to your BFP? Kind of excited, I don't think it'll be "real" to him until after our first ultrasound.

5. What has he been doing around the house to help with the pregnancy? He cooks most meals and has cleaned a lot more than normal.

6. Will he be able to take paternity leave? He got laid off in Feb.  So unless he get's a new full time job he'll be a stay at home daddy. (he has been doing some freelance stuff but it's not permanent.)

Married 6-7-08
    Everett 4-27-12
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. What is your relationship with SO (married, engaged, boyfriend/girlfriend, it's complicated, etc)? Married

2. How long have you been together? Together since 2007, married since this past June

3. What does he do for a living? Software developer

4. What was his reaction to your BFP? He is super excited and not nearly as nervous as I am!

5. What has he been doing around the house to help with the pregnancy? Not a whole, whole lot. My husband is super awesome, but never great with household duties. If I give him a specific responsibility he will do it. Luckily, I've been feeling great so I don't need too much help. He works like crazy and I've had the summer off.

6. Will he be able to take paternity leave? Yep! He gets an unlimited amount of time. He'll probably take a 2-3 weeks and then go back at least part time. It's not good for him to be out too long because he'll get far behind.

:-)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1. What is your relationship with SO (married, engaged, boyfriend/girlfriend, it's complicated, etc)? Married

2. How long have you been together? 5 years (married almost 2)

3. What does he do for a living? Medical sales rep

4. What was his reaction to your BFP? We looked at the test together. We hugged each other and cried!

5. What has he been doing around the house to help with the pregnancy? He's been doing a ton of cleaning around the house and just left to do the grocery shopping for me!

6. Will he be able to take paternity leave? No. I'm a teacher so my maternity leave will be butting up to summer vacation so I will be able to stay home with the baby for the first six months! :)

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

• Options

1. What is your relationship with SO (married, engaged, boyfriend/girlfriend, it's complicated, etc)? Married since 8-8-09

2. How long have you been together? We started dating 7 years ago this month.

3. What does he do for a living? Some sort of business analyst.  I know he spends his days on conference calls.

4. What was his reaction to your BFP? Same as me.  A mix of nervous and excited!

5. What has he been doing around the house to help with the pregnancy? Not much yet, but there isn't much for him to do.  He just takes care of the dog a bit more when I am exhausted.

6. Will he be able to take paternity leave? He currently works from home, so I hope this will continue to be the case in 8 months!

imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageChristina_Diane:

We have lots of GTKY posts, but let's do one about our SOs. 

1. What is your relationship with SO (married, engaged, boyfriend/girlfriend, it's complicated, etc)? We are married

2. How long have you been together? Dating almost 4 years...we've been married 10 months

3. What does he do for a living? He is a technical recruiter for the Department of Defense

4. What was his reaction to your BFP? He cried with me...and thanked God :)

5. What has he been doing around the house to help with the pregnancy? He's been helping out a lot more with chores...although I like to do them "my way" so it's been hard for me to let go of them

6. Will he be able to take paternity leave? I am not sure, but I think so..

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary
  • Options
    He is MH. We have been married almost 3 years, and together 5 years. He works in finance. He was stoked about our BFP, because it was our first cycle trying. He has been great around the house, helping with the cats and just about everything. I am trying to tell him I can do some stuff. His company offers paternity leave, so he is planning to take some.
    Visit The Nest!
    5 cats. 1 baby.Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

2. How long have you been together? Married for just over 1 1/2 years, together for just over 3 1/2 years.

3. What does he do for a living? Massage therapist, photographer, realtor

4. What was his reaction to your BFP? Complete surprise and very excited! He probably asked my seriously about 25 times. But we were told we probably wouldn't conceive without IVF due to our MFI issues.

5. What has he been doing around the house to help with the pregnancy? Not much so far other than will not let me lift anything heavy Smile

6. Will he be able to take paternity leave? He will probably take a week or two off. Then will work his schedule so that little one will only have to be in daycare 2-3 days a week.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagesoftbalangel:

2. How long have you been together? Married for 2 1/2 years, together for just almost 4 years.

3. What does he do for a living? Electrical/systems engineer for a large aerospace corporation

4. What was his reaction to your BFP? He was totally shocked and asked how that happened. 

5. What has he been doing around the house to help with the pregnancy? He finishes cooking or putting food away when the smell makes me sick. He's also already started painting the baby's room.

6. Will he be able to take paternity leave? Yes, but he'll probably only take 2 weeks so he still has leave available when I go back. I've seen too many of my employees use all of their leave and then have none when the baby gets sick. Since I'll exhaust my leave, I want him to have at least a couple of days in the bank.

• Options

1. What is your relationship with SO (married, engaged, boyfriend/girlfriend, it's complicated, etc)? Married, four years on December 1

2. How long have you been together? Six years in October

3. What does he do for a living? Software engineer

4. What was his reaction to your BFP? Pleased but not tap-dancing or anything. It's our third...

5. What has he been doing around the house to help with the pregnancy? Nothing in particular, whatever I ask him to do.

6. Will he be able to take paternity leave? He could, but we'd both rather have him at work while my mom stays with us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

2. How long have you been together? Together for 10 years, married for 5 years

3. What does he do for a living? Retail manager

4. What was his reaction to your BFP? Happy but cautious until we saw the heartbeat. Now he's more excited.

5. What has he been doing around the house to help with the pregnancy? He has brought home dinner a few times so I didn't have to cook and has been very comforting when I'm not feeling well.

6. Will he be able to take paternity leave? No paternity leave, but he will take some vacation time after the baby is born.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. What is your relationship with SO (married, engaged, boyfriend/girlfriend, it's complicated, etc)? married

2. How long have you been together? together for 3  years, married for 1 1/2 years

3. What does she do for a living? She is a teacher at the same school as me.

4. What was her reaction to your BFP? This was our fourth try so we were used to seeing negatvie results. I looked at the two lines and said "No foing way!" She satrted crying. And then we hugged.

5. What has he been doing around the house to help with the pregnancy? She has taken on all of the dog responsabilities, all the grocery shopping, and helps in general.

6. Will he be able to take paternity leave? YES! She can take up to 30 days. SO excited!

BabyName Ticker ***** Married to M 6/25/2010***** *****IUI #1 5/3/2011 BFN***** IUI #2 w/ 50mg of Clomid 5/30/2011 BFN******* *****IUI #3 w/ 50mg of Clomid 6/28/2011 BFN****** *******IUI #4 w/ 100 mg of Clomid 7/28/2011 BFP @ 11dpiui (Beta #1 @ 11dpiui 36) (Beta #2 @ 13dpiui 121)****** BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

2. How long have you been together? 6years

3. What does he do for a living? He's a senior stereo artist, he makes 2D movies into 3D. Like Shrek, transformers,green lantern,etc.

4. What was his reaction to your BFP? Super excited! He just kept saying really? We're pregnant! he was so sweet!

5. What has he been doing around the house to help with the pregnancy? Well once he's home, I can just sit down and relax, he's been super helpful and really helping out a lot!

6. Will he be able to take paternity leave? With DD he took a week off, so I'm thinking maybe he will get a week off this time, but it would be nice if he could  take a little longer, especially having 2U2

BabyFetus Ticker 
                Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

2. How long have you been together? Married-almost 9yrs, together almost 11 (known each other for 14yrs)

3. What does he do for a living?  He's in the ARMY

4. What was his reaction to your BFP?  Extremely excited but understandably cautious.

5. What has he been doing around the house to help with the pregnancy?  Unfortunately nothing.  He's been in GA for 2wks for school and he wont be back for about 7-8 more weeks

6. Will he be able to take paternity leave?   IDK. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

1. What is your relationship with SO (married, engaged, boyfriend/girlfriend, it's complicated, etc)?  Married

2. How long have you been together?  Married almost 8 months. Together 4 years.

3. What does he do for a living?  Sales

4. What was his reaction to your BFP?  Cautiously excited. He was over the moon and told EVERYONE with our first BFP which ended in a m/c, so he's a little more guarded with this one.

5. What has he been doing around the house to help with the pregnancy? NOTHING.  This is a sore subject.  He knows he needs to do better, but so far he's just been lazy I guess.

6. Will he be able to take paternity leave?  Possibly, but since it would probably be without pay we won't be able to afford him taking off too long.

• Options
    1. What is your relationship with SO (married, engaged, boyfriend/girlfriend, it's complicated, etc)? He is my husband. 2. How long have you been together? dating: may 20, 2007 married: may 14, 2010 3. What does he do for a living? He is working at Target, until he finishes his associates in Web/Graphic Design in March4. What was his reaction to your BFP? He had a giant smiles on his face and hugged and kissed me and whispered in my ear we're having a baby!5. What has he been doing around the house to help with the pregnancy? He does all the cooking now cause I can't stand the smells or look of any food, he cleans the litter box, and feeds/takes out the animals. 6. Will he be able to take paternity leave? I'm pretty sure his work offers it. We will know more once we out ourselves to our work places.

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. What is your relationship with SO (married, engaged, boyfriend/girlfriend, it's complicated, etc)? Married since January 20102. How long have you been together? Dating since 2004 3. What does he do for a living? Account Executive/Sales4. What was his reaction to your BFP? He was absolutely thrilled! We hugged and cried a little :) 5. What has he been doing around the house to help with the pregnancy? So much. Getting me everything I need and really making sure I'm eating well. 6. Will he be able to take paternity leave? He will probably take 1-2 weeks to help me out with the baby. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"