High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Stomach measuring big

At 33 wks & 4 days, baby boy is at 5 lbs.  His head, femur, etc, are measuring right on target, but his stomach is measuring at 36 wks (in the 96%).  Up until this appointment, it has been normal.  The tech said if other parts were measuring off, she would be concerned.  Since his stomach is the only thing, she wasn't worried.  I hadn't heard of this happening before, but wanted to run it by you all?  Does my baby just have a Buddah belly?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stomach measuring big

• Options
    I had GD with my last pg as well as this one, and both babies had large belly measurements.  Not sure what it means, but I was told it was "classic" for a GD baby.  In my case last time, a big belly was easier to deliver than a big head.  It squished more. :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I failed my 1 hr but passed the three hour and was never tested again. I suspect I have or am close to having GD based on a few things and baby's belly was also measuring ahead at 36 weeks - I was told there were no concerns, though! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you!!  The tech did mention that they "may" make me take the GD test again, just to see if something developed since when I took the test originally.  Otherwise, I guess I just need to relax and quit worrying.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"