Babies on the Brain
Options

Opinions please

2»

Re: Opinions please

• Options
    imageLe Olive:

At least the store can re-sell the unwanted baby gift. Unlike your expired OPKs.

Look, "return" them or don't. You won't get arrested. But it's kind of douchey.

Actually, if she tries to return them to a store & the barcode doesn't match, she may very well end up at least talking to the popo.

I know when I worked at PetSmart, we got a call from Petco across the street that someone was trying to fraudulently return an expensive aquarium filter. Sure enough, he came over to our store. We stalled him long enough for the police to get there, & he got to explain what he was up to. I don't know if they arrested him, but he got to take a walk outside with the officers :)

OP, people like you are why places are cracking down on their return policies. You make it harder for everyone with a LEGITIMATE return. Good job. 

• Options
    imagedirthvader:
    imageBallSox:

Ebay seller buys sticks from Target sells them to you.  Target +$120, Ebay seller -$120

Ebay seller sells them to you for $30.  Target +$120,  Ebay Seller - $90, You -$30

You take them to Walmart and exchange them for 3 boxes from their stock, giving them product that they can not resell for full retail value.  Target +$120,  Ebay seller - $90, You -$30, Walmart -$120.  

How is this unclear to you.  

I don't care how much of your ugly crap you give to goodwill, you're still stealing from Walmart.  If you are unable (financially) and unwilling (moral/intellectual) to be honest, I don't think you should be procreating.  

I also don't see how that is unclear to you.   

I'm pretty sure they came from Target since they have a half peeled off Target sticker. I shop there all the time, so that's where I was planning to return them.

Did you mean morally and intellectually?

I mean I'm pretty toasted on painkillers and typo aside, it's still a d!ck move.  You know it's wrong, hence all of the reasons why "well, it's really ok, because...".  Basically you came on here and said "I'm going to something really dishonest, but I've rationalized it to the point I can sleep at night.  Which of these decisions is less douchey?"  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMysterious_wife:
    Do you understand how bar codes work?  Chances are you can't return them to begin with.  AZ has a different code than GA for most things.  I would bet a high ticket item like OPKs have the different bar code.  Some stores even have their own bar code.  Good luck finding a store to take them. One other thing WM may sell a box of 20 while Target sells a box of 18.  This wouldn't be easy to do, even if it was legal. 
    Nope it's the same item. I even compared the skus (barcodes) to the box I have that I purchased from target last month.
    Best day of my life imgwedding Love my family! img
  • Options

This is fun and all, but clearly it is MUD.  No one is this ridiculous, right?

Right?

Jack Donovan, b. Christmas Eve, 2009.

imagemonkeybuttjunction image

• Options

imageMandyBrownNoser:
    imagegreenclown:
    If you do return them to a store, you should swing by Goodwill on your way home and swipe a bag of stuff from them.
    Come by my goodwill and you can snag yourself a rocking pair of beautiful gauchos.

OMG I just laughed out loud.

• Options
    imagedirthvader:
    imageMysterious_wife:
    Do you understand how bar codes work?  Chances are you can't return them to begin with.  AZ has a different code than GA for most things.  I would bet a high ticket item like OPKs have the different bar code.  Some stores even have their own bar code.  Good luck finding a store to take them. One other thing WM may sell a box of 20 while Target sells a box of 18.  This wouldn't be easy to do, even if it was legal. 
    Nope it's the same item. I even compared the skus (barcodes) to the box I have that I purchased from target last month.
    Can we return to an earlier question that went unanswered? Why did you buy three boxes if you knew they were going to expire before you used them?
    Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • Options
    imageJenniferJaneC:

Right?

It must be truth or dare night on one of the other boards. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageJenniferJaneC:

Right?

oh it's clearly mud but I always like to see how far they take it before shooting themselves jn the foot.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    imageJenniferJaneC:

Right?

I think it's MUD too, it's all familiar.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMandyBrownNoser:
    imagedirthvader:
    imageMysterious_wife:
    Can we return to an earlier question that went unanswered? Why did you buy three boxes if you knew they were going to expire before you used them?

To return them and get 3 brand new boxes for almost nothing

photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageMandyBrownNoser:
    imagedirthvader:
    imageMysterious_wife:

She did answer the question.  She bought them because it was too good a deal to pass up.  She knew, when she bought them, that she was going to return them to a store to get new tests for a fraction of the price.   

He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    imagewils0482:
    imageJenniferJaneC:

Right?

It must be truth or dare night on one of the other boards. 

I thought of this too, but I really think she's that much of a douche.  

• Options
    imageBallSox:

imageMandyBrownNoser:
    imagedirthvader:
    imageMysterious_wife:

She did answer the question.  She bought them because it was too good a deal to pass up.  She knew, when she bought them, that she was going to return them to a store to get new tests for a fraction of the price.   

I bought them because they were cheap. It wasn't until today when I received them that I thought of returning them for freshies.
  • Options
    imagedirthvader:
    imageBallSox:

imageMandyBrownNoser:
    imagedirthvader:
    imageMysterious_wife:

I bought them because they were cheap. It wasn't until today when I received them that I thought of returning them for freshies.

You get what you pay for. 

• Options

Here's what you said earlier: 

imagedirthvader:
    I knew they were about to expire. In the store they go for $40 a box and I got all 3 for around $30, it was too good a deal to pass up. 

Edit: I still don't understand why you bought so many you knew you couldn't use if you really weren't planning on "returning" them. 

• Options
    imagedirthvader:
    imageBallSox:

imageMandyBrownNoser:
    imagedirthvader:
    imageMysterious_wife:

That is some really sound logic. Do you also buy rotten bananas and rainbow chicken because they are cheap?
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    imageLe Olive:

imagedirthvader:
    I knew they were about to expire. In the store they go for $40 a box and I got all 3 for around $30, it was too good a deal to pass up. 

So which is it?

I told you that you were going to need this.   

• Options

imagedirthvader:
    I knew they were about to expire. In the store they go for $40 a box and I got all 3 for around $30, it was too good a deal to pass up. Hopefully the store wouldn't restock them since I'll let them know the reason I'm bringing them back is due to the expiration date. I'm sure the store will be able to just write them off. I'm returning them to a large retailer not a mom and pop's corner store.

So let's pretend for a second that it wouldn't be stealing to exchange them at a store where you didn't buy them, or worse actually ask for a store credit for the full amount.  

You knew when you bought them they were going to expire, dumb move on your part.  Also, 3 boxes were less than 1 regularly priced box so even if you can only use one box you still got a better deal then you would have at the store. 

No need to rip someone off for a better deal, even it is a large chain store.

• Options
    imageLe Olive:

imagedirthvader:

Edit: I still don't understand why you bought so many you knew you couldn't use if you really weren't planning on "returning" them. 

Right, I knew they were going to expire soon. I purchased them because they were cheap add according to the info I read online they can still be used for a while after the stale date. I did not plan to buy them and return to the store. I didn't come up with the idea to do so until this evening when I was about to put them away and noticed it had that exact same packaging and sku as the ones I already had.
  • Options

Eh, this is MUD.  She is clearly repeating herself, yet wearing 'flame retardant panties'. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lol, and EW to flame-retardant panties
  • Options
    imagedirthvader:
    imageLe Olive:

imagedirthvader:

Right, I knew they were going to expire soon. I purchased them because they were cheap add according to the info I read online they can still be used for a while after the stale date. I did not plan to buy them and return to the store. I didn't come up with the idea to do so until this evening when I was about to put them away and noticed it had that exact same packaging and sku as the ones I already had.

Ok, 1st of all, for the love of all that's holy, stop using the phrase "stale date".  This brings to mind you trying to eat them.  

Secondly, if everything you read says you can use them past their expiration date, why are you trying to scam---er---exchange for new ones?   

• Options
    I post .gifs. It's what I do.
  • Options
    OP, you're SOL. Why would you even bother asking what BOTB would do if you knew that you would get flamed for being such an asshat? Screwing the store over is wrong, no matter what pathetic way you try to justify it. The fact that you can't see what is wrong with that is just gross. You are the definition ignorant and conniving. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Not sure if OP will read this, but I figured I'd give it a shot.  I work for a "big retailer" and we have a relatively lax return policy.  However, when you are trying to return big price items without a receipt you may not even get store credit.  Also, since most big retailers have an inventory tracking system, they can see how many were purchased, and the lot numbers which include expiration date.

People like you are the reason that stores lose money and potentially go out of business.  I see shady people like you every day.  And every day I tell them no.  Good luck with that. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Clearly this is mud and the whole ethical aspect has been brought up.  Doesn't Target have a relatively low limit for exchanging without a receipt?  I was thinking it was somewhere around a $25 limit and only so many times per year with valid id.  Douches like this make these policies stricter and harder for people who actually have valid returns.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"