Baby Names
Options

What goes with Gloria? First or middle???

My grandmother passed away a few years ago and we were very close.  I would like to somehow incorporate her name, Gloria, into our baby's name if it is a girl.  I just don't know what would go with it.  And I am not sure if I love it as a first name...  What do you think?  Too old of a name for a baby?  Better as a middle name?  Either way, what would go with it? Any ideas?  Our last name is King.

So it would be ____ Gloria King  or Gloria ____ King. 

Re: What goes with Gloria? First or middle???

• Options

Not my favorite as a first name, but I've heard worse.  I do like it as a mn and think it's lovely to honor your grandmother.

What kinds of names do you typically like? Maybe we can throw some suggestions your way. :)

Due with DS2 on March 15, 2013! PLEASE vote on my BabyNames.com list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9692263
  • Options

Karen Gloria King

Catherine Gloria King

Eliza Gloria King

Janine Gloria King

Penelope Gloria King

Jessica Gloria King 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Gloria Jean
  • Options

imageGettinNervous:
    Gloria Jean

Only if you want to name her after the coffee shop:

https://www.gloriajeans.com/

I think Gloria works better as a first name. I also like the name Glory. I think it seems more modern and less old lady.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Gloria has a great rhythm. It would work well with nearly anything as a middle name (I would stay away from one syllable middle names unless you want her to sound like a truck stop waitress -- no "Gloria Jean" or "Gloria Ann"s). But something long like Gloria Stephanie or Gloria Elizabeth would be fine. I would definitely stay away from something that ended with an "ia" or even an "a" -- you don't want Gloria Victoria or Gloria Anna.

And would look very lovely as a middle name to a two syllable name that ALSO doesn't end in A, such as Shannon Gloria or Louise Gloria or Robin Gloria.

You might want to stay away from names that also have such obvious meanings. Things like Amber Gloria or Haley Gloria (or vice versa) can end up sounding like a paint color or something you'd say in church. 

Also, I agree with the PP that you can do Glory, which is great and more modern. 

• Options
    I think Gloria is really pretty as a first name. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageGettinNervous:
    Gloria Jean

This! It's my MIL name!

• Options

Gloria Jane

Gloria Rose

Gloria Elise

Gloria Marie

Gloria Joy

Gloria Faith

Gloria Elaine

Gloria Rachelle

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx PCOS 2003...Dx Chronic Hypertension 2006 TTC #1 2009 BFP #1 12/31/09 m/c 1/7/10 6wks BFP #2 03/25/10...DD 11/27/10 6lbs 13oz
  • Options
    imageArtist4life925:

imageGettinNervous:
    Gloria Jean

This! It's my MIL name!

And is my Grandmas name. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My friend's little girl is named Gloria Valentine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"