December 2010 Moms
Options

FB friends that drive you crazy?

Do you have any FB friends that you should probably just UNfriend before you say something you'll regret?  

I do.  I call her Manis & Manolos.  She and her DH quit their jobs a couple of years ago to go back to school to get degrees.  I don't know if they got loans or financial aid, or what.  All I know is they are livin' the good life somehow and not working.  I'm betting credit cards, but who knows.  I'll admit that at first I was jealous, but now it's just annoying.  

Every day she posts about her shopping adventures, "4 new purses, 3 pairs of designer jeans, and 6 new pairs of boots today!  Hubby is so good to me!"  Or a photo of her new Manolo Blahniks in her closet with a billion other pairs of shoes and her pile of coach bags.

Every two weeks she and her DH take a weekend trip to Vegas and post pics of them downing huge fruity drinks in the pool.    

Then there's the bi-weekly mani/pedi's and waxes.  Does she not realize that when she posts "Got my wax on!" That everyone including her own grandmother is thinking about her crotch?   UGH.

I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 

Re: FB friends that drive you crazy?

• Options

Ew.  People like that make me jealous and sick all at the same time.

I'm sure I have some, but I can't think of specific examples right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I have one particular "friend" in mind. She is always asking for things and not in a "I'm willing to pay for it" kind of way. It has been everything from props for her photography hobby to living room furniture to baseball tickets. Even once asking for cash to help send her sisters down to visit her.

As bad as all that is, she complains about money but then goes and buys/does things that cost money.

I really want to tell her how klassy she looks "asking" for things all the time but since we are kind of related through marriage, I bite my tongue.

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have someone on my FB feed that is SUCH a Debbie Downer. All she does is complain:

"I woke up with an earache FML"

"Saw a dead deer on the way to work, FML"

"Wish I were back in college today, FML :={"

These are actual updates. And she actually uses "FML" with every post. I can't stand it. I want to de-friend her (she's a college accquaintance I probably haven't seen in 8 years), but now it's getting to be comedy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

wow thats super annoying as heck... but im jealous of them.

if theres anyone on my FB that annoy me, i just unfriend them.  i dont care if they figure it out. 

• Options

I have a 'friend' kind of like that.  Her circumstances are actually interesting--she tracked down her birth father, and come to find out he's from a family of millionaires and they all want to spoil their new-found family member.  That's fine and dandy, but she's so braggy about it.  Trips all over the country/world.  Expensive shoes and purses.  A BMW.  She just posted yesterday about how "she has soooo much to get done before they leave for Aruba."   Gag me.

I have another friend that never fails to announce he's at church on Sunday.  I've done a passive-aggressive status on how I'm pretty sure AWing the fact you're at church on FB doesn't earn you any extra Jesus Points, but I'm sure it didn't register with him.  If he were genuinely a religious/devout person I'd be able to ignore it better, but it's a total "look at me" thing.

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm never jealous of those people. What are the degrees in? Sounds really risky/bad/scary! There are a handful of graduate degrees (i.e. MBA or JD at a few specific top 5 schools) that might merit job certainty such that you can go into a little debt but in this economy I'm surprised anyone acts that way in graduate school. And if they're getting MS/MA/PhD/MSW/MFA or anything like that then they are going to be SO screwed later.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a friend/co worker that was talking badly about me behind my back (ref my FB page).  She was jealous of my friendship with another coworker!!?!  So, I unfriended her.  I didn't want her getting personal info and sharing it with others if I knew she was going to be slanted with that info.  She was so mad that I unfriended her and actually yelled at me at work!!!! Then I did a giant unfriending of anyone I thought was crazy on FB.  People are weird with FB infomation!?!?!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Ugh! Those people sound loony. They know they have to pay debts back, right?
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options

DH and I have a couple of friends like that.  (They're really DH's friend and his wife...)  They both have full time jobs (not awesome jobs, but good steady jobs), her daddy bought her a house, so they don't have to pay rent or a house payment) and they are always spending money on stuff like Lady Gaga concerts, costumes, DVDs, toys (I mean literally action figures, he collects them) and then they turn around and complain that the have no money.  She just started back at school, so now all she does is whine about how much she has to study, he's a teacher so he's currently off work which gives him time to post rants about every 20-30 minutes about "issues" he cares about, including but not limit to the playstation network, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (he recently rewatched the whole series and reviewed them), how much he hates Justin Beiber and Sarah Palin, and today Netflix.  That is of course when the 2 of them aren't writing on each others walls how much they love and appreciate each other.  Oh, and they recently made FB pages for all 3 of thier cats, whom they list as thier children. 

I would delete or hide them but sometimes all DH and I have to talk about is the BS that these two posted on any given day.

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Options
    imageChicagoBroad26:

I have someone on my FB feed that is SUCH a Debbie Downer. All she does is complain:

These are actual updates. And she actually uses "FML" with every post. I can't stand it. I want to de-friend her (she's a college accquaintance I probably haven't seen in 8 years), but now it's getting to be comedy.

hahaha I totally have one like this, too.  I wan't to post back, "I have a huge debbie-downer friend. FML."   lol 

• Options
    image--halo--:
    imageChicagoBroad26:

hahaha I totally have one like this, too.  I wan't to post back, "I have a huge debbie-downer friend. FML."   lol 

That would be great- except these clowns probably wouldn't even get it. Stick out tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

That is SO annoying!  I don't like when people are flashy or braggy.

I definitely have annoying FB friends.  If it's a friend posting annoying crap, I hide them from my news feed.  If it's just an acquaintance, I de-friend them and I don't care if they figure it out.  I just scrolled through the most recent status updates for the heck of it and it instantly reminded why I don't update my status much... it's because nobody freaking cares if you're going to the gym or what you're eating for dinner or what you just bought at the mall or what you just saw on TV.  This is also why I don't use Twitter.

One of my friend's is constantly posting on her boyfriend's page... and they live together.  I'm like, seriously??

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Wow, that's super-annoying. Either one of them is a trust fund baby, or they are eventually going to regret livin' large when they couldn't afford it...

The FML thing has me cracking up -- can't believe someone actually does that!

I have a couple of people on my FL that I've hidden because they're just annoying. One of them posts about nothing but games (status updates, too, all revolve around Farmville or whatever), and one is my 19-year-old second cousin who posts WAAAAAY TMI about her love life. I want to just shake her my the shoulders and say, "You're going to regret posting all of those things one day, honey!!" We totally don't have that kind of relationship, though.

norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JRP00JRP00 member

Background:

"So I have a "friend" that has two kids with her BF and  they lives together. When I asked why they don't get married she told me because she gets more benifits for going to school and taxes and government support not being married and because BF has 3 DWI and they can hide that from car insurance.

Not only that she is 17 weeks pregnant, which she told me when I has in the hospital that her and BF were thinking about having another because it would be a perfect time since neither of them are working. (Minneasota Care) so they wouldn't have to pay for anything. So I get to see her progress every week on FB and not think about how much I had to pay for everythhing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageChicagoBroad26:

Shouldn't this one be more like, "Saw a dead deer on the way to work, FDL" (eff deer's life)? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

hmmmmm......drug dealers??

• Options

I have a couple of friends who post really vague things like,

"I just don't know why I trust people."

and then you're supposed to be all like, "Aw, what happened?"  Blech.  I would much prefer if someone just said, "I hate my assh*le boyfriend who cheated on me."

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options
    The people who type ghetto "dem people don't know who dey be messin wit comin at me like dat"
  • Options
    imagejnicolen:

hmmmmm......drug dealers??

I have often wondered this about her hubby.  They are both in their early 20's, and he looks like a total stoner.  Every single picture I've ever seen of him he looks high in.  

• Options

Yes! I had one guy I knew from college that I just had to hide. Every day he posted the most depressing status updates and I couldn't take it anymore.

I'm getting ready to hide another friend who has the worst grammar and spelling and every status update is freakin 2 paragraphs long. Then she and her new fiance do the whole declaration of love to one another via wall messages and comments thing: "so glad you came in to my life" "so happy to be spending forever with you", etc.. Seriously, get off your arse and walk into the next room and tell him/her face to face instead of putting all your schmoopyness on FB.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Late to the conversation, but there's two types that make me crazy on FB.  First, the people who fish for someone to ask them what's wrong.  For example, one friend wrote as their status: "Are you serious?"- Of course, on cue about twenty people replied "What's wrong."  Give me a break and stop being dramatic.  Either post your problem or don't, but don't fish for pity. 

Second, I have one "friend" who is a Debbie Downer.  Seriously all of this girl's posts go something like this: "I give up.  Life is over" or "Great, my kid's crying again."  Seriously, is there ever anything you're happy about?  She'll also post a sad face and when twenty people ask her what's wrong, she never replies back.  Really?

Sometimes FB is like a train wreck.  I should probably delete some of these "friends" but I keep coming back for more.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"