Cloth Diapering
Options

NCDR: I think my name should have been Michelle

Totally off topic but I'm sitting here on the computer as this JUST happened and wanted to see if anyone else has experienced it.  

I have accidentally been called Michelle by, at LEAST 25 people in my adult life.  And I mean people who know me, like co workers, students parents, etc... and most recently, my DH's aunt just now, who I've been sharing a vacation house with for the past week.  She just had to ask me a question and said "Michelle...I mean...Michelle?  Where'd that come from?  I mean Nicole..."  

WTF?   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!

Re: NCDR: I think my name should have been Michelle

• Options

My niece is Grace. My mom always wants to call her Marie.

Everyone always wants to call me Rebecca. That is not my name.

• Options

I always get "you remind me of this girl I went to HS with..."; apparently I am generic looking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1c2OfAzDTI

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageDr.Loretta:

My niece is Grace. My mom always wants to call her Marie.

Everyone always wants to call me Rebecca. That is not my name.

My sister has been called Rebecca by everyone her entire life, even though her name is Jessica. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageDr.Loretta:
    That is not my name.

And now a stupid song is stuck in my head! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageastroMom:

I always get "you remind me of this girl I went to HS with..."; apparently I am generic looking.

I get this all the time too.  When I used to work with patients at a doctor's office, I got this all the time from the older people too.  People would even bring me pictures of my "twin."  Very odd.  Now I have that song stuck in my head!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"