1st Trimester
Options

cyst and 7 weeks

I went to the doctor yesterday and got to see my little spud! But I have a concern- I have a cyst on my right ovary that they doctor said was not a problem. I am wondering, if it bursts, will I bleed? If not, what will happen to it? I can't imagine me bleeding from it because I should not be secreting anything from my uterus, but I just want to know.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: cyst and 7 weeks

• Options
    I was informed of the same thing.  The ultrasound tech told me that there could be spotting and my doctor said the opposite, so I am clueless too.
  • Options
    I had the same thing at my 7 week u/s.  My doctor said that most likely it's a corpus luteum cyst which is very common and normal during the first trimester.  It holds a lot of progesterone and helps the baby get the hormones it needs until the placenta takes over.  It will most likely disappear on its own after the first trimester.  If for some reason it doesn't, there isn't anything the doctor can do until after pregnancy but it won't hurt or affect the baby at all.  My doctor said that if it were to burst, I wouldn't notice any bleeding, it would just be painful.  Went to the doctor yesterday and everything was fine.  I've read a lot about cysts and pregnancy because it worried me as well.  The What to Expect When You're Expecting book covers this as well as a lot of other things.  I highly recommend this book!  Good luck and I wish you the best 9 months!

BFP 10/1/2010 MMC D&C at 11w4d
    BFP 3/15/2011 M/C at 6w
    BFP 5/25/2011 DS1 born 1:11pm on 1/16/2012
    BFP 10/18/2013 EDD 6/28/2014 GROW BABY GROW!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My doc office just called me back and said that if it did burst it could bleed but not a lot. They said that I might see old looking blood when I wipe, or spot a little, but if it filled a pad in about an hour, that is not good. 

They also said that if it ruptured it could cause pain- her words were a lot of pain. yay. And if that happens to lie down, take some tylenol (remember, no Aspirin or Ibuprofen) and have a heating pad on medium in that area of the pain for a while.

Anyone have any more information? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I personally do not have one, but my realative does and she is about to deliver a healthy baby boy any day now! She did go through pain and have to stay off of her feet most of the time, so take it easy. I just wanted to give some encouragement and let you know that all is well and have no fear. Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    I received results from an u/s I had done 5-6 weeks ago (prior to conception) today. The doctor told me that I had a bunch of small cysts but not to worry. She said they will not get larger and they will not burst. She actually told me that because I am pregnant, they will shrink and disappear. I do not know the science behind what she said, but maybe that will relieve some of your worries.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had one with DD and I have 3 this time. Last time it went away on it's own and only caused a bit of pain. This time there's more pain, I'm guessing because there are more of them. Dr. didn't seem too concerned but that may be because I get cysts every time I O on the right side. I've been dealing with them for years now. Yours shouldn't be too much of a concern if your doctor isn't very concerned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"