TTC after 35
Options

Frustrated!

Hi! This is my first post after reading many of yours. I have been trying to concieve for a year now. I'm 40 and time is running out! i've been through IUI 3 times. The first didn't work, the 2nd ended in a m/c and the 3rd was stopped because the follicles weren't growing. The doc won't try IVF with me and keeps talking donor egg. I'm not ready to go that root yet. My husband is very supportive but dosent want to see me cry anymore. He's scared a donor egg will end in dissappionment too.(not to mention the cost) I'm so frustrated! All my friends have children and I have 10 nieces and nephews! I cry so easily and feel like I'm on an emotional rollercoaster!
teacher11

Re: Frustrated!

• Options

Welcome and i feel your pain as do most of us here, unfortunately. We have our appt in a few weeks to discuss the next steps after our three failed IUI's.

I don't have any thoughtful words of wisdom, but everyday is different and some days will be better than other days. Heres to the good ones! 

TTC since 2009 very frustrated 42yr and DH 40

5 cycles of Clomid with satisfactory response=BFN's
    Fibroid removal Nov2010
    IUI Clomid #1 Feb 2011...BFN..damn it!
    IUI Inject's #2 Apr 2011...CANCELLED...low estradiol
    IUI Inject's #3 June 2011...BFN
    IUI Inject's #4 Sept2011...BFFN
    Lap Dec 2011...severe endo..cyst removed..some remains...
    IVF#1 Apr 2012 ....cancelled due to over suppression
    IVF#2 July 2012....6 follies...only 1 retrieved....BFFN
    surgery suggested to move ovary to an better placement but....we moved two time zones away and are financially and emotionally empty

• Options

I glad you posted. This is the place to let out your frustration, for sure. I'm sorry your IUIs didn't work. What's you doctor's diagnosis for your IF? I agree that donor eggs are a big decision. I think there are some ladies on this board who are going down that path, maybe they can shed some light on how and why they decided to go that route. Have you considered getting a second opinion from another RE?

I hope letting it out made you feel better. Do something nice for yourself today!

Me = 38, Husband = 31. TTC since 1/10. M/C at 8 wks 5/10. Started trying again 9/10. All tests normal: AMH/MIS, FSH, HSG, SA. Estradoil high. 6/20/11 - Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI#1=BFN. 7/17/11 - Clomid+IUI#2=BFN. 2 natural cycles = BFN. 10/6/11 - Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI#3=BFN. 10/31/11 - Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI#4 = BFN. 11/26/11 - Follistim+Ovidrel+IUI#5 = BFN. IVF#1 - Menopur+Follistim. 2 ET 5/11/12 = BFN.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why are you being given the donor egg speech?  Do you have a diagnosis? High fsh/low AMH?  Give us some info on that. I'm so sorry you are being told the DE speech at 40.   You are in the right place here!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options

So sorry to hear about the fertility challenges. I too had three failed IUI's and am on my #2 IVF in my 2ww. My 1st IVF was a bust.

I know you will get support here on this site. We are all going through this. Being able to vent and share on here has prevented many a binge or explosion... ;)

I was "counseled" on donor eggs too--plus my AM score was a 3-that's pretty good I'm hearing. 

I think a second opinion may work for you too. If you don't feel satisfied from your current RE, there are plenty more out there. 

Best wishes to you in your quest toward motherhood!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"