May 2011 Moms
Options

When should birth certificate come?

Did anybody get theres yet and if so how long after birth?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: When should birth certificate come?

• Options

I am from MN, and you have to go to the county recorder to get the birth certificate.  If you're talking about SSN, that should come in the mail, and I received LO's SSN and card about a week and a half after she was born.  I expected it to take a while and was rather shocked at how quick it came.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In my state you have to order it separately. They apply for it at the hospital along with the social sec. number. The SS card came a couple weeks ago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We got her SSN within a week, and we had to request her birth certificate. We waited a week to request it, and it came within a week of that. 
  • Options
    It came last week (1 month). We applied for it in the hospital.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are in NY, ours came when she was 10 days old (we filled out the paperwork at the hospital). 
  • Options
    I still have to send in the paperwork, but it shouldn't take long.  Suprisingly, her SS card came before she was a week old!  It took 4 months to get DS's.
  • Options
    We filled out a form in the hospital for both the birth certificate and the SSN. The SS card showed up within two weeks but we still haven't seen the certificate. I'd forgotten all about it, frankly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"